Brothers and Sisters

charlietheowl

Reaction score
Great reaction from Uncle Matt when he bumped into Janken! Looking forward to Scooter and Skeeter meeting the rest of the gang.

Slackbot

Reaction score
Great chapter! ^^
Thank you!
Can't wait to see how Boober reacts to this. :smile:
How would you guess Boober would react to finding surface dwellers in Fraggle Rock? One of which is his kid's boyfriend, no less? :wink:
Great reaction from Uncle Matt when he bumped into Janken! Looking forward to Scooter and Skeeter meeting the rest of the gang.
I'm looking forward to it too! Here's a slight spoiler: it just might involve swimming.

newsmanfan

Reaction score
--------------
So the parties have found one another! So far so good...

Loving the reference to cargo cults. "Oh mighty ATT, give us bars!"

Uncle Matt doing a double-take and then a oh-yeah-I-meant-to-do-that reaction was funny. I wonder if he'll take it well when told he left a pretty followable trail back to the tunnel? That info could make a difference to Fraggles everywhere.

Am wondering, if Janken refused to get eggs with birds growing inside, what he used earlier? You left me with the impression he HAD climbed up and grabbed some for omelettes for breakfast. It seemed implied if not shown.

I like Skeeter's reactions throughout. Hope she gets a more active role yet. Continue!
-------------

Slackbot

Reaction score
Ah, someone knew what I was talking about with cargo cults! I love cultural studies, and that is one of the most interesting cases I've seen of culture clash. Whenever I see Manny's Land of Carpets I think of cargo cults, and I'm glad they finally came to their senses and got rid of the radio.

I don't think that Matt would give much thought to the trail he left. Does he follow trails himself? Seems unlikely, so I doubt he'd think about the one he left.

Janken has made omelets before. He got the eggs from a store. He knows those eggs are all duds, so he has no qualms about eating them. (They also eat eggs in Fraggle Rock. I don't know what arrangements they make there.)

Oh, Skeeter will have plenty to do. She's gonna meet her soul sister. The two will get along like a house on fire... screaming, panic, destruction... :wink:

Question for anyone: has Scooter been shown playing musical instruments with any degree of competence? We saw him doing some minor stuff in TMM during Can You Picture That, and he struggled through Six String Orchestra. Anyone know any others I've missed?

newsmanfan

Reaction score
---------
I recall him playing guitar in one ep...but that may be the "Six String Orchestra" piece, now that I think about it. Er...he sings? And taps? And tells jokes? And has a spiffy imagination for audience-related underthings??
--------------

Slackbot

Reaction score
Oh! I think he played a lute "fast and looth" as Alan-A-Dale in the Lynn Redgrave episode. I'll have to rewatch that tonight. (Like I need an excuse?)

What I'm trying to figure out is if it is believable that Scooter would be competent with any musical instrument, or if he should just stick to singing.

newsmanfan

Reaction score
Oh! I think he played a lute "fast and looth" as Alan-A-Dale in the Lynn Redgrave episode. I'll have to rewatch that tonight. (Like I need an excuse?)

What I'm trying to figure out is if it is believable that Scooter would be competent with any musical instrument, or if he should just stick to singing.
He was competent with an unplugged guitar, anyway...and hey, ANYONE can play tambourine!! :wink:
-------------

Slackbot

Reaction score
That was an acoustic guitar, and I don't know if I could exactly call it competent. My mother is a musician--she plays flute and piccolo, but has a guitar too--and I showed her that skit and asked her about the musicianship. She couldn't seem to wrap her head around the idea of my asking about the portrayal of a Muppet's musical skill ("Kim, I have to break this to you, but that isn't real." "Neither is The Big Bang Theory, but you talk about it as if it was.") but she did say that the strumming was all right, while the picking was not so hot.

I managed to find the original song and buy the MP3, and the player was supposed to be absolutely terrible. Scooter was actually doing pretty good by comparison. I think the way I'm gonna take it is that he was really playing the guitar in that skit to the best of his ability. He's just not a musician; he sticks with singing. (He was faking with the lute. His hands didn't correspond too well with the music.) So if someone who just didn't understand lack of musical ability--say, someone from a race of creatures that were known for being able to sing and play music at the drop of a hat (zzzz)--were to hand him a guitar, he'd be in trouble.

Heh heh.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
He'd be in trouble... But not so much so that he couldn't at least make a decent sort of pass at it. Then again, as "best" as it may come out, a certain member of that race of creatures would say it's still music, and that Scooter tried, and isn't that the most important thing anyway? :wisdom:
*Inspired to write, hope for tomorrow there is.