Muppet Convention Thread #2: Where Should it be Held?

panmanthe2nd

Reaction score
What is phase two ? polling for a date..I say early or mid summer...it will be good for tourist etc...though Maybe phase two should be writing to the chamber of commerce and see if they would be interested in this...in that case they may have a date they want to hold it or might not want us to have it at all in which case we go to the runner up
I'm not sure which we should do first. I was planing on starting a new tread to pick a date, but I think you're right and we should contact someone first.

Myself, I would like to see it happen on Jim Henson's birthday.

DannyRWW

Reaction score
Jim Henson's Birthday would be nice, but is it the most convient time for people to make it there, and is it the most convenient time for the city to be available/profit from this venture? I think in the end if Greenville is okay hosting this, I don't know if we will really have a say in the preffered date, which isn't such a bad thing if we can get them to cooperate with us in the first place.

Pinkflower7783

Reaction score
Honestly I don't see why they wouldn't? I mean who wouldn't wanna generate more tourism in their state? More tourists means more money.

DannyRWW

Reaction score
Honestly I don't see why they wouldn't? I mean who wouldn't wanna generate more tourism in their state? More tourists means more money.
agreed. So who want to write a nice very professional letter just to see if they have an interest?

Pinkflower7783

Reaction score
I would but I suck at writing letters...I don't think I could make it sound professional enough...:/

panmanthe2nd

Reaction score
I would but I suck at writing letters...I don't think I could make it sound professional enough...:/
I'm the same really, but I'm willing to give it a try if no one else wants to.

Frank Oz is doing a Q&A on the 16th. I'm guessing it's to early to get someone to ask him if he would be willing to come!

panmanthe2nd

Reaction score
May I just say Pinkflower7783, that I really like your idea of haven't all the different Jim Henson photos as your avatar. It's a lovely idea.

DannyRWW

Reaction score
I'm the same really, but I'm willing to give it a try if no one else wants to.

Frank Oz is doing a Q&A on the 16th. I'm guessing it's to early to get someone to ask him if he would be willing to come!
Go for it.. and thaks

Pinkflower7783

Reaction score
May I just say Pinkflower7783, that I really like your idea of haven't all the different Jim Henson photos as your avatar. It's a lovely idea.
Thank you...it's kind of a bittersweet time this week. I think we're gonna be making a memorial thread on Wednesday.