Muppets on ABC's The Bachelorette in May

Status
Not open for further replies.

bandit

Reaction score
Just makes me wonder what those guys up in the tippy top are thinking when they sign them on for something like that. Anyway....
I'm not going to say I don't like that they are getting air time. I do! And it's like I told Pinky here....I actually do like Chelsea Handler now and again but even I had to go..."Why is Piggy on there!?" Anyway....That's just my two cents.

Pinkflower7783

Reaction score
Well that's how I feel as well an apperance is still an apperance so...only gives them more exposure even though I feel they don't need to be on this show to get it. LOL! But we don't know Jim might've had them appear if he was still alive I mean when Jim was alive we didn't have reality shows. Which to me was a good thing but that's one we can only speculate on.

bandit

Reaction score
I tend to think he wouldn't have buuuuut I'm certainly not presumptuous enough to say I know for sure. Ah well. ^.^ IT is what it is.

Borples

Reaction score
Speaking of Chelsea Handler, Bandit, that was an interesting one. I'd never even heard of her before Piggy's appearance. When I watched the clip, I was (and am) seriously offended that 1) anyone would talk to Miss Piggy like that and 2) that woman is evidently making a living by being rude and horrible. But! I found I gained an enormous amount of admiration for Eric Jacobson that day. The pig handled herself with grace and aplomb, and "How perceptive!" is now one of my favorite Piggy quotes of all time. She rose above the stupid, pointless, shock-value questions, stayed respectable and, frankly, made that Handler person look really bad. It was marvelous.

Which is why The Bachelorette doesn't bother me too much. I feel like the Muppets exist in a bubble of awesome that they take with them wherever they go. They're not so much condoning The Bachelorette as they are briefly blessing it and making it better than it is. Shining a light into the dark recesses of reality television!

Besides, it's all business, and like Pinky says, an appearance is an appearance. :smile: It ought to be a fairly Muppety day Monday. Isn't that also the day of the Webby awards?

Pinkflower7783

Reaction score
Welcome to the wild world of Muppet Sports! It's blonde vs blonde tonight on The Bachelorette! Winner takes all including the frog! Bleh what am I saying Piggy could take on that blonde Barbie anyday!

DannyRWW

Reaction score
Did anyone catch that the TV guide listing said the Sesame street Muppets? It does say it is to raise money for a hospital charity though so we can almost forgive the muppets for being on this show.

Pinkflower7783

Reaction score
I don't blame the muppets for any of this. It's Disney I wanna bash upside the head! But yeah I'd rather go with their only coming on the show for a good cause.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
There seems to be a bit of misinformation, because both MC and ABC are reporting that the Classic Muppets will be appearing tonight, TV Guide and Comcast are reporting it's the SST Muppets that will be appearing... I doubt both will be appearing, but whatevs.

Status
Not open for further replies.