Electric Mayhem replicas at Walt Disney Hollywood Studios, Florida

Reevz1977

Reaction score
At least as far as I can tell. I know WB kept all the large Looney Tunes and Gremlins figures when they shuttered down all the WB studio Stores. I bet they're just sitting in a musty room somewhere.
I'm not sure if this happened in the states but a number of the Gremlin statues here in the UK were sold off - I came close to getting the Girl Gremlin at one time but it was too damaged to even consider when viewed up close. They also occasionally come up on eBay too.

It would genuinely be my dream to own the Electric Mayhem and have them on display. I'd even consider selling vital organs to make it happen...oh well :frown:

muppetperson

Reaction score
I'm not sure if this happened in the states but a number of the Gremlin statues here in the UK were sold off - I came close to getting the Girl Gremlin at one time but it was too damaged to even consider when viewed up close. They also occasionally come up on eBay too.

It would genuinely be my dream to own the Electric Mayhem and have them on display. I'd even consider selling vital organs to make it happen...oh well :frown:
I bought the female gremlin that was on display in my local area before it closed.

muppetperson

Reaction score
I emailed Disney to see if they might consider making more of these replicas to sell, but they have no plans to do that for now.

Muppetboy09

Reaction score
Does anyone live in that area, and if so, could you take more pictures? They look amazing. And thank you Muppetperson for taking the time to actually email disney. Maybe they will change their minds......but it doesn't even look like they're poseable. From what I can tell, they are made of some sort of resin (as already mentioned)
:big_grin::sing::flirt::cool::halo:

ElecMayhem

Reaction score
I think these are old actually. I was at Hollywood Studios -- MGM Studios back then -- the first year that it was open, circa 1989-90. This was when they still had the Muppet Walk-around characters and the live stage show. And I vividly remember seeing this in the Muppet store at the time... So much so, that I've periodically kept my eye on some of the Disney Park auctions, in the hopes that this might com up. (For those of you who don't know, they sometimes sell off or auction off Disney park decorations and attraction pieces, etc. once they're done with them.) But it looks like they might not have been done with them after all!

I will have to dig through my old pictures to see if I have any pics of this from 1989, but I am 99% sure it's the same set of figures!

Hayley B

Reaction score
I know I've been in that store, but have never noticed that? Has it always been there? I would normally go into that store and head straight to the t-shirts. I got an adorable Animal t-shirt from there too. I always made that store a must stop because of it.

muppetperson

Reaction score
I was there in 1991, just before Muppet 3D opened(it was still fenced off) and I dont recall seeing the figures then.It was a different shop.More like a stand as you could walk in.Maybe they closed off where the figures were and the shop was only temporary until Muppet 3D was finished?

WillyThePig

Reaction score
All we can do is hope that they will start using poser photo puppets. The prophecy will then be fulfilled.

jvcarroll

Reaction score
You know, looking at these makes me think that a line of "mini posers" would be fantastic! They could make more of them at a reduced cost and bring them to market at a reasonable price point. Sure, they wouldn't be Master Replicas, but they would make good sound financial sense and they could always transition into making a few full-scale versions of the more popular sellers. It's what I would do. I mean, what fans wouldn't want moderately accurate Electric Mayhem posable dolls at a 9" scale? Just my thoughts.

Oscarfan

Reaction score
This has to be fake; it would mean that there's actually Muppet products at Disney World.