TV Alert: Muppets on The Bachelorette May 21

Pinkflower7783

Reaction score
So the part where Kermit says him and Piggy have been together for a long time and wishes that kind of love for Emily...is he saying he wishes for a verbal/physical abuse kind of relationship? LOL! Because that seems to be what Kermit and Piggy's is based on. LOL! I'm only kidding but I couldn't help but think that when he said it. XD

LouisTheOtter

Reaction score
Mrs. Otter and I caught the Muppet portion of The Bachelorette when it aired Monday and we were both thrilled and relieved that (a) it was over in the first hour so we didn't have to waste our time with the rest of that nonsense, and (b) it didn't put the characters in the position to be misused or misrepresented.

Kermit, Piggy, Fozzie and Statler were, quite simply, THEMSELVES - their reactions were genuine and heartfelt and stayed true to the Muppet personalities we've known and loved for years without cheapening their images. Sure, Kermit zipped up Emily's dress and Piggy stomped off in a huff, but that joke would have worked just as well in 1972 or 1982 (let's not forget how much Kermit has flirted with many of the TMS guest stars - this was downright tame compared to that!).

And the context of their appearance - helping the guys loosen up and put on a variety show as a charity fundraiser - allowed them to seamlessly fit into all the action. It wasn't "The Muppets Visit Jerry Springer," it was actually quite charming and occasionally downright adorable. ("Rainbow Connection" for the win!!!)

(FOOTNOTE: One of the contestants, Aaron, is now living in California but was actually born and raised in Leitches' Creek, a rural Nova Scotia community only 90 minutes away from my hometown...that doesn't mean we're going to watch the rest of the series or root for the guy, but it's just kind of freaky...)

DannyRWW

Reaction score
So the part where Kermit says him and Piggy have been together for a long time and wishes that kind of love for Emily...is he saying he wishes for a verbal/physical abuse kind of relationship? LOL! Because that seems to be what Kermit and Piggy's is based on. LOL! I'm only kidding but I couldn't help but think that when he said it. XD
You that sounds an awful lot like the relationships spawned by the last several seasons of that show

DannyRWW

Reaction score
Okay so maybe they just have the physical/ verbal abuse part down :smile: Kermit and Piggy are so much more than karate chops and waving arms around frantically.

Pinkflower7783

Reaction score
Okay so maybe they just have the physical/ verbal abuse part down :smile: Kermit and Piggy are so much more than karate chops and waving arms around frantically.
Kermit just needs to put a ring on it! Is all I gotta say! LOL! So after physical and verbal what's left to the relationship? Other then the fact they've made it last 35 years. LOL!

bandit

Reaction score
Alright.....
I admit it. Pinky sent me a link and I -did- watch and I -did- live to tell about it. Despite the gag reflex I had to suppress when it came to the actual bits with the bachelorette and all of those dudes....It wasn't half bad. In fact, the Muppet bits were very funny and kind of sweet so I guess the torture of the rest of it paid off. Hahaha

And...let's not forget the monumental admission of love. Wow!