Fraggle Rock Movie Gets Screenwriters (Hollywood Reporter)

Pinkflower7783

Reaction score
Agreed. If they spend most of the film in the familiar territory of Fraggle Rock and the Gorg's garden then that would be ok. I think it would be great if they approached the movie that way. It is the only way that makes sense. Paritcularly, it would be great for them to play with the idea that this outside world is so new to Fraggles. Let them misinterpret alot of what goes on around them.
IT really does all hinge on the quality of writing, though. Know your Fraggles and your Fraggle mythology before you presume to pen this movie!
You sure you don't wanna write the next Fraggles movie? Lol!

bandit

Reaction score
I'm hiring P to do it. Her writing skills trump mine. ^_- Hahahaa

But what I seem to be good at doing is running my mouth and pointing at people to say, "I have a great idea! Now YOU do it!" Hahaha
I wanna do what I can, though. I like getting my hands dirty.

Pinkflower7783

Reaction score
Yeah but you seem to be the Fraggle novelist like I am the Kermit & Piggy freak. :stick_out_tongue:

bandit

Reaction score
*clutches chest* They are my first love....well...not really but my greatest Muppet love.^_^

Slackbot

Reaction score
When Rainmaker tried to revive the ReBoot franchise they actively enlisted the fans to become involved in the process. We voted on the teams who might do the work, and critiqued the comic they produced. It was both a good and a bad idea; good in that we hardcore fans who know ReBoot inside and out were able to keep it on the rails when the team would have made awful mistakes. It was bad in that Rainmaker clearly had no idea what to do with this property they had acquired, and thought that this would make up for their deficiency in finding a good team (and bringing in on some of the original creators) in the first place. In the end the project was cut short and died withough even a whimper of closure.

I guess where I was heading with this is that it'd be cool if they worked with us fans on this, but if the core team ain't any good, it ain't gonna fly. Not that they're going to try the same thing... oh, I'll shut up now. I've handed around enough muffins for one day.

Borples

Reaction score
Ha ha ha, B, I know what we should do. You have the ideas, and I'll write them out. We'd be an unstoppable force of...uh, literature or something. :smile:

I keep hearing a hip-hop version of the Fraggle theme song in my head. Can't you just hear it? Don't you just know somebody is going to suggest it? Doesn't it make you want to curl up and weep? Spare us, Hensons, from such a fate!

Drtooth

Reaction score
Agreed. If they spend most of the film in the familiar territory of Fraggle Rock and the Gorg's garden then that would be ok. I think it would be great if they approached the movie that way. It is the only way that makes sense. Paritcularly, it would be great for them to play with the idea that this outside world is so new to Fraggles. Let them misinterpret alot of what goes on around them.
I've said time and again, I really wasn't happy with how they handled the Smurfs movie, though I begrudgingly accept that it wasn't quite as horrible as it could have been. But they did such a wonderful job on the Smurf village in that film it was a total waste. If the movie took place there entirely, it would have been a better film overall, and a more visually stunning film. I hate/don't hate the film, but there's about 10 minutes in the beginning where the film was better than the rest of the 80 minutes spent in "our" time.

Of course, with Fraggles, they exist in our time, they know of our world (though skewed) and can jump out of those holes and pop into a major city at any moment. They just don't want to. It would be organic to the situation, unlike the Medieval setting of the Smurfs.

Still, I want them to do it right and keep the running around like idiots to the barest of minimums.

When Rainmaker tried to revive the ReBoot franchise they actively enlisted the fans to become involved in the process. We voted on the teams who might do the work, and critiqued the comic they produced. It was both a good and a bad idea; good in that we hardcore fans who know ReBoot inside and out were able to keep it on the rails when the team would have made awful mistakes. It was bad in that Rainmaker clearly had no idea what to do with this property they had acquired, and thought that this would make up for their deficiency in finding a good team (and bringing in on some of the original creators) in the first place. In the end the project was cut short and died withough even a whimper of closure.
The problem with fans being on a project is that you get two kinds of fans. The devoted kind that know all the little intricate details, having watched and absorbed the program/movie in question and the kind that are obsessed about one particular thing about it. I would NOT want to see a fan driven Tiny Toons project, because it would inevitably just be a show or movie devoted to Fifi LaFume or Montana Max X Elmyra without any of the fun and substance of the real series. It depends on what kinds of fans get involved, but overall, I'd much rather their be input from the puppeteers and Fraggle Rock writers than any fan out there. They know more about the characters than we do.

charlietheowl

Reaction score
Of course, with Fraggles, they exist in our time, they know of our world (though skewed) and can jump out of those holes and pop into a major city at any moment. They just don't want to. It would be organic to the situation, unlike the Medieval setting of the Smurfs.

Still, I want them to do it right and keep the running around like idiots to the barest of minimums.
Personally, I would want time spent in outer space to be a small part of the movie, not the be-all and the end-all. Your point is very important here; the Fraggle five have a skewed knowledge of outer space and would be scared rather than completely dumbfounded. I hope the writers consider this, because I don't want the characters dumbed down.