Fraggle Rock Movie Gets Screenwriters (Hollywood Reporter)

Drtooth

Reaction score
A rough half/less than half of the film would be sufficient. The whole "everything is new to us" exploration of the outside world should be kept to a cliche ridden minimum, and any time spent outside should be useful to the plot.

I'd use the Sesame Street film Follow That Bird as an example. There's a LOT of time spent, all useful, with Big Bird out on his own and his friends following him, cutting back to Sesame Street and the characters not involved with the chase comment on the events taking place.

Something like that, but with Doozers and Gorgs. I'd hate to separate the main Fraggle Five for too much of the movie.

bandit

Reaction score
Ha ha ha, B, I know what we should do. You have the ideas, and I'll write them out. We'd be an unstoppable force of...uh, literature or something. :smile:

I keep hearing a hip-hop version of the Fraggle theme song in my head. Can't you just hear it? Don't you just know somebody is going to suggest it? Doesn't it make you want to curl up and weep? Spare us, Hensons, from such a fate!
Fra-Fra-Fra-ra-raaaaaa o/~ @_@ Noooooooooooo!
A rough half/less than half of the film would be sufficient. The whole "everything is new to us" exploration of the outside world should be kept to a cliche ridden minimum, and any time spent outside should be useful to the plot.

Something like that, but with Doozers and Gorgs. I'd hate to separate the main Fraggle Five for too much of the movie.
Yes! Ignorant doesn't mean STUPID! They just wouldn't know about certain specifics of our world but they aren't going to fly off the handle about every little thing.

We'll petition these dudes and say 'Please handle this film with love and intelligence.'
And then OR ELSE, fist waving etc. etc.

bandit

Reaction score
Also, P, lol YES! Let us become the Wonder Twins of the writing world.
Form of genius writer! Form of editing master! *joins rings*

Twisted Tails

Reaction score
Me too! I cannot wait for the movie either. Whoo-hoo-hoo!

KremlingWhatnot

Reaction score
Nice To See It Got Screenwriters :smile:, But Just Watch There Not Be Anymore News Till 2015:stick_out_tongue:

Twisted Tails

Reaction score
Wow! I din't know it could take that long. I hope they write the characters well, just like the wirters from the show did. I don't mind if they make referneces from the show either.

bandit

Reaction score
*folds arms* Until I see that the original look and feel and general tone of this show is done justice, I'm not interested in a Fraggle Rock movie. The more I think about it, the more I think that there's waaaaaay more that could go wrong than right. Best to remember them as the lovable little guys in the multi-faceted and intriguing world they were in.
Nope! Don't wanna see a Fraggle movie. ^.^