1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Christmas Music
    Our 17th annual Christmas Music Marathon is underway on Muppet Central Radio. Listen to the best Muppet Christmas music of all-time through December 25.

3. Sesame Street Season 48
    Sesame Street's 48th season officially began Saturday November 18 on HBO. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

Fraggle Rock Movie Gets Screenwriters (Hollywood Reporter)

Discussion in 'Fraggle Rock' started by charlietheowl, May 30, 2012.

1. Slackbot

Slackbot Well-Known Member

Or magic. And magic is everywhere, even in you.

2. Drtooth

Drtooth Well-Known Member

Gonna take a whole Harry Potter load of magic, if you ask me.

Seriously. Make it happen this time!

3. SkeetScootSquat

SkeetScootSquat Active Member

I can't believe I'm saying this, but lets destroy this mopey Boober attitude! I don't care if it's a box office bomb,I just want it to happen! Argh! ''goes into triple S's private fraggle cave to think things over''

4. I do know a few secret development type things that make me more hopeful about the fate of the Fraggles though, so like Skeet says above, lets get rid of the mopeyness! 2014 will be big!

SkeetScootSquat likes this.
  5. Drtooth

Drtooth Well-Known Member

Considering the Doozer cartoon actually happened, I'm far more optimistic that this could very well happen, I guess.

I mean, sure, Doozers is going to be on Hulu (probably plus) instead of a network like it should (Really PBS? You chose to keep running "Cailou's Temper Tantrum Theater" instead?), but it happened. If it gets the right audience, then we can very well get some movie traction from it. Though I;m baffled why The Hub didn't pick it up, with Hasbro working on a toy line.

Shade601 and SkeetScootSquat like this.
  6. SkeetScootSquat

SkeetScootSquat Active Member

Nah. This year will never be big......... IT WILL BE GINORMOUS!!!!! That is,if we actually get to see the movie this year... ''thinks about the chances,then goes back to private fraggle cave to think some more''

7. Slackbot

I'll believe that when I see it.

So, show me something! Make this Fraggle fan happy!

Plaid Fraggle likes this.
  8. Some things may occur in the latter half of the year. And I'm not getting more specific then that! But I'm lovin' the fraggles and it would blow my mind and make me so happy if a movie comes out!

9. LouisTheOtter

LouisTheOtter Well-Known Member

I know they're owned by different companies now, but I can't help but hope that the buzz from Muppets Most Wanted (and the astounding roll-out of Muppet appearances in the run-up the film's release) will help the Fraggles.

Even taking Disney's deep pockets into account, I get the sense that there's an overall wave of "Muppet love" happening that could boost a Fraggle film, especially if someone of Reitman's calibre is even rumoured to be attached to it.

JonnyBMuppetMan likes this.
  10. The Count

The Count Moderator Staff Member

If you're not going to be more specific "then" that, then when will you be more specific? :laugh:

Methinks you meant to say "more specific "than" that" instead.

BTW: Where's RedPiggy to speculate on the possibility that Cotterpin got promoted to Chief Doozer of Doozer Creek, and has two children Doozers named "Spike" and Daisywheel?
    ;) at fannish theories.

11. Bah! You caught me! :o

SkeetScootSquat and LaRanaRene like this.
  12. SkeetScootSquat likes this.
  13. But actually, there were quite a lot of people asking whats happening with Fraggle rock and a movie. So.. maybe at the very least Brian is having to wade through a lot of Fraggle-related questions, which will confirm there's still interest in those characters!

Slackbot and SkeetScootSquat like this.
  14. Slackbot

That comment could be taken to mean anything from "We're filming it as we speak!" to "We're looking into hiring a focus group to determine whether anyone still remembers what Fraggles are." Seriously, Brian ain't gonna shoot the franchise in the foot and say "We gave up on that and are focusing our energies on things which actually stand more than a snowball's chance in Hades." If he has nothing better to say he'll just come out with something vague.

Yeah, I'm cynical. If I turn out to be wrong I'll very happily eat my words.

SkeetScootSquat likes this.
  15. The Count

The only people I know who actually enjoy eating their own words are the members of King Azaz's court.
    :insatiable: Me rather eat cookies instead.
    :excited: Or radish bars.
    Or a toasted crunchy peanut butter sandwich with plenty of pickles in it. What. I like peanut butter and pickles.
    :concern: Wow, I thought I was the only one who liked that, and don't forget the jalapeños.
    :shifty: Ugh, the food you guys eat.

16. CasperNewburger

CasperNewburger New Member

Finally, That's exciting news. I did not know there were going to make a movie

17. The Count

Uh Casper, you might want to read the entire thread before jumping for joy. This thing has been such a production development nightmare that everyone here just rolls their eyes when talk of an FR movie starts up again.

18. CasperNewburger

CasperNewburger New Member

oops, effectively, I've jumped in it too fast. Usually, when it's nightmarish, either it will never be made or it will but with bad script.

19. I'm still hopeful, only cause I know something truly incredible can be done! But maybe it's just me!

20. Shade601

Shade601 New Member

I hate to pooh-pooh this, as in theory it sounds like such a fabulous idea, but.........I really kind of want them to leave it alone.

I'll still go see it, if it happens. Obviously. But then I'm pretty sure I'll go home and cry in my soup. It ain't broke. Don't fix it.