Smell like a Fraggle

Slackbot

Reaction score
Bizarre merchandise alert! This may edge out the Fraggle Rock shot glasses as the oddest legal FR merchandise: Fraggle Rock perfume oil blends by Black Phoenix Alchemy Lab. Here are the mixes:

Gobo: Tangerine, lemon peel, sugared pink grapefruit, and vanilla cream.
I'm guessing they were going for colors on this one. Pink, orange, yellow...could use some plum, maybe. Do they make a plum scent?

Boober: A fretfully clean scent: freshly-washed laundry, linden blossom, soap suds, and a sprinkle of vanilla.
I like this. Very appropriate.

Red: Sporty and energetic: sweet red currant, tangy cranberry, pink musk, and spicy pink pepper.
I can see this. Personally, I'd think she'd smell like gym clothes and pond water, but that wouldn't sell so well. :wink:

Mokey: A gentle, contemplative fragrance: lilac blossoms, violet sugar, orris root, stephanotis, and osmanthus.
Hippy-dippy herbs? Yep, this works for the character.

Wembley: Innocently indecisive: white musk, banana, orange blossom honey, pineapple, and mint.
This scent is more tropical than indecisive. It fits his wardrobe. Mmm, I think I'll have fruit salad for lunch.

Uncle Travelling Matt: Dark chocolate, figgy vanilla, pear, and quince.
I don't get the connection, but if this was ice cream I'd have a freezer full.

Doozers: The scent of industrious cooperation: glittering crystals, soft soil, and radish dust.
I...have no idea what that would smell like. But then, I have anosmia.

The Gorgs' Garden: Radishes, freshly-turned soil, and soft herbs.
So, Gorgs and Doozers smell almost the same? Who'd'a thunk it?

charlietheowl

Reaction score
Wow. That's pretty out there. I just like the idea of being able to smell "indecisive" or like "industrious cooperation". Copywriting is the best.

Imagined dialogue, at some restaurant a few months from now:

Man: Oh, honey, you smell beautiful tonight.

Woman: Thank you. It's a new perfume.

Man: What is it?

Woman: It's...Boober!

Slackbot

Reaction score
The copywriters couldn't think of a decent blurb for Gobo's scent. "Um... citrus? Fruit? How do I link that to a leader-type? Ah, shoot, I got nothing."

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
Wow, I would just love to smell like dirt...I mean "soft soil." :stick_out_tongue:

I really do question some of those scents. They are pretty out there

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
:laugh: Bear in mind these are the same people making the Smell Like a Goblin Labyrinth-based line of fragrances/perfumes as well.

Erm... Gobo: Every morning, every day, follow your own powerful scent?
:smirk: Maybe we should ask Manny for help with that.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
See, that makes me question the love potion Marjory gave :coy: Isn't #9 meant to just attract the opposite sex, whereas #10 is the stronger blend that draws both males and females towards the user like what happened at the end of the episode? *Shrugs. *Returns Potions & Notions book to the library at MopFam's Magic School.

Slackbot

Reaction score
"Lou" is a unisex name, so perhaps Marjory didn't pry, but just gave him a wide-spectrum potion on purpose so it wouldn't matter whether Lou was male or female. But it turned out to be a bit too wide-spectrum, as it also attracted Gorgs and Doozers.

I personally think that Marjory was just in the mood to mess with the Fraggles that day. How else would you explain her giving Wembley a potion he didn't want that would only cause confusion and distress?

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Hmm, hadn't thought about that. Trashy potion from a trash heap oracle, yeah, makes sense. At least as much sense as we can find digging under the sofa cushions. :search: found a quarter!