Elmo wants to get to the Olympics

Oscarfan

Reaction score
It seemed very Grover-ish, if I say so myself.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Considering how sick everybody is of Elmo, I can't imagine he's going to get very much support.

Oscarfan

Reaction score
I, personally, don't mind him or this campaign. Kevin clearly is the most readily-available performer they have, so if they can get anyone anywhere, it would be Elmo. I can't really see a character like Rosita or Abby (who seem equally available) doing something like this. Grover maybe (as I said, I got mad Grover-vibes from this video).

So far, SW's viral stuff has focused on Frank's characters (Smell Like a Monster, Cookie on SNL, Conversations with Bert) and not much Elmo, so if they want to give him something, I don't mind much.

Drtooth

Reaction score
I, personally, don't mind him or this campaign. Kevin clearly is the most readily-available performer they have, so if they can get anyone anywhere, it would be Elmo. I can't really see a character like Rosita or Abby (who seem equally available) doing something like this. Grover maybe (as I said, I got mad Grover-vibes from this video).
That's about 3 people who felt Grover in that role, but with Grover, things usually end in disaster and exasperation. Elmo's usually ends in triumph. Available performer aside, Elmo is a character they want to see succeed because, well, if it were Grover, it would be funnier if he failed. Plus, there's that nagging popularity issue.

Still, you rarely do see Elmo in viral stuff. Elmo's always better when he's out of the confines of Sesame Street and can do something.

mbmfrog

Reaction score
Put me up for having Grover doing something like this instead of Elmo. :super:

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Looks like Elmo's not going to get to go after all, the video's been made private.