1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 45
    Sesame Street's 45th season officially begins Monday September 15. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

Elmo wants to get to the Olympics

Discussion in 'Sesame Street' started by Drtooth, Jun 4, 2012.

1. Drtooth

Drtooth Well-Known Member

Say what you will about Elmo, that's absolutely adorable.
    KirbTreelo05 likes this.
  2. Oscarfan

Oscarfan Well-Known Member

It seemed very Grover-ish, if I say so myself.
  3. D'Snowth

D'Snowth Well-Known Member

Considering how sick everybody is of Elmo, I can't imagine he's going to get very much support.
  4. Oscarfan

Cookie got on SNL and Elmo's pretty much just as popular.
  5. D'Snowth

Cookie isn't nearly forced in people's faces as much as Elmo is.
    DramaQueenMokey and galagr like this.
  6. Oscarfan

I, personally, don't mind him or this campaign. Kevin clearly is the most readily-available performer they have, so if they can get anyone anywhere, it would be Elmo. I can't really see a character like Rosita or Abby (who seem equally available) doing something like this. Grover maybe (as I said, I got mad Grover-vibes from this video).

So far, SW's viral stuff has focused on Frank's characters (Smell Like a Monster, Cookie on SNL, Conversations with Bert) and not much Elmo, so if they want to give him something, I don't mind much.
    Drtooth likes this.
  7. Gonzo's Hobbit

Gonzo's Hobbit Well-Known Member

Yea I kinda got that too. But it was cool all around.
    I think it'd be cool if Elmo really was a torch bearer this year. I love watching Kevin perform.
    Drtooth likes this.
  8. Drtooth

Drtooth Well-Known Member

That's about 3 people who felt Grover in that role, but with Grover, things usually end in disaster and exasperation. Elmo's usually ends in triumph. Available performer aside, Elmo is a character they want to see succeed because, well, if it were Grover, it would be funnier if he failed. Plus, there's that nagging popularity issue.

Still, you rarely do see Elmo in viral stuff. Elmo's always better when he's out of the confines of Sesame Street and can do something.
  9. mbmfrog

mbmfrog Active Member

Put me up for having Grover doing something like this instead of Elmo. :super:
  10. D'Snowth

Looks like Elmo's not going to get to go after all, the video's been made private.
  11. FrackleFan2012

FrackleFan2012 Well-Known Member

Here's a video of Elmo announcing that he's going to with Abby & Grover.

Here's another video with Elmo and Team USA Gold Medalist Sarah Hughes discussing "persistence".

I can't wait to see more footage soon! :laugh:
  12. mbmfrog

mbmfrog Active Member

Man, they should release the "Worm Olympics" from the 90s on DVD to coincide with this moment. :grouchy:
  13. Gonzo's Hobbit

Gonzo's Hobbit Well-Known Member

Aw I love the first video. I wonder if they'll have little clips of Elmo, Grover, and Abby pop up during the Olympics
    FrackleFan2012 likes this.
  14. FrackleFan2012

FrackleFan2012 Well-Known Member

Yeah! Me, too!