SUMMER OLYMPICS 2012

Hubert

Reaction score
But Hubert, aren't treadmills great for running? I used to be a naysayer but, actually, it's a pretty effective tool. This way, you can keep perfect track of your speed, time, distance and mark your progress as you go. Gives you a concrete set of numbers to aim for instead of a rough guestimate. I guess you could do something similar with one of those handy dandy wrist devices but it doesn't help you maintain the right pace continuously. That's what I love about the treadmill but I think you should probably do a bit of both if you can.
They are...but to me often times it gets a bit monotonous. I like to actually see where I'm going and see where I've been, it motivates me to actually see that something is happening, I'm moving.

bandit

Reaction score
Definitely. That's the main reason I didn't want to do that in the first place. I felt like an idiot running in place. It's why I said it's good to do both so you can get outside, get a little sunshine...see the sights AND get in your work out. But see, the more ambitious that I got with my running and goals, the more the treadmill became something I relied on. I've come to depend on it now....especially now that FL's weather is so blasted, unforgivingly HOT!

mo

Reaction score
let's get in to it! I am pretty excited! I live about 4 hours away from london but I don't got tickets! I hope the US wins! USA! (sorry due to the place I'm living currently I hav to want the UK to win) BUt I'm american nd I will want them to win!

mo

Reaction score
anyone want an olympic muffin?
sorry double post...

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
I'm not a big sports person in general, but I did have to create an Olympics quiz once at work and it was pretty interesting learning the history behind the event.

Mainly I just love some of the classic cartoons on the topic. Like "You're the Greatest, Charlie Brown" from 1979 where he enters the Decathlon.

Or Disney's "The Olympic Champ" (featuring Goofy) from 1942:

"You know, that reminds me of a poem by Tennyson, Crossing the Bar: 'Sunset and evening star,/And one clear call for me!/And may there be no moaning of the bar,/When I put out to sea.' Don't you think that's a lovely thought? I do."
Lol

bandit

Reaction score
*claps* Thank you, Mr. Heralde! That was lovely. ^_^ I'll take it. All I know is that I'm really excited about these Olympics and I just want to celebrate, already. It'd be really great to watch this with friends....even online ones!

Muppet fan 123

Reaction score
I might sound dumb asking this... but when are the actual dates of the Summer Olympics?

bandit

Reaction score
I might sound dumb asking this... but when are the actual dates of the Summer Olympics?
That's not a dumb question at ALL!
The Olympics are from July 27th until August 12. ^_^ Yeah, I know! It's a little ways to go but I'm already stoked.