Monday Dinner Date

Misskermie

Reaction score
That was awsome!
And I really loved how Piggy was falling asleep.
I think that's adorable.
And I really really love Scooter and Piggy's little talk before Kermit got up. LOL
He was thinking it! xD

Katzi428

Reaction score
Wonderful Story!!! applauding:big_grin: Great job!!!!! I admit I laughed when Gonzo belted Kermit one. But the whole story was fantastic!

newsmanfan

Reaction score
------------
Okay...my only gripe is that Piggy would never, even jokingly, accept the moniker of "Boss Hog" -- nor would ANYONE who lived through the '80s! Yeeeugh!

This is a lovely ending full of potential beginning. I also liked the reference to Kermit's (and Jim's, by extension) Southern roots. The thought of a tired Kermit drawling just a little made me smile. Piggy's line "I'll up and at you" was perfect; I think she's at her most attractive when a little discontent; there's an honesty to it I prefer to her sweet, simpering model-look.

Ruining Scooter's delicate sensibilities...heh heh heh. But they're so much FUN to corrupt...

Very enjoyable read. Thank you again for sharing it! :smile:
---------------

WebMistressGina

Reaction score
------------
Okay...my only gripe is that Piggy would never, even jokingly, accept the moniker of "Boss Hog" -- nor would ANYONE who lived through the '80s! Yeeeugh!
I can only guess you're talkin' 'bout those good ole Duke boys (a show which even I don't understand why I loved as a child). This is actually an in-joke for a story I haven't written yet, but no worries, tis will be 'splained, kay?

This is a lovely ending full of potential beginning. I also liked the reference to Kermit's (and Jim's, by extension) Southern roots. The thought of a tired Kermit drawling just a little made me smile. Piggy's line "I'll up and at you" was perfect; I think she's at her most attractive when a little discontent; there's an honesty to it I prefer to her sweet, simpering model-look.

Ruining Scooter's delicate sensibilities...heh heh heh. But they're so much FUN to corrupt...

Very enjoyable read. Thank you again for sharing it! :smile:
---------------
Yeah, I'm actually surprised that they didn't use more of Kermit's Southern accent, but I guess in the end, his Southern charm does come through and through.

And yes, I do like a sweet Piggy, just as much as I like fiesty, sassy Piggy.

As someone who enjoys corrupting young minds, I feel that the Muppets in general play a big part in ruining Scooter; not as much as Piggy of course, who I think takes the role seriously in making sure to ruin his fragile little psyche.

Glad you enjoyed! I'm hoping to get a third story in this, already titled, but not yett a concept, so it'll be a while for that. Stay tuned!

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Wouldn't Amanda take care of personally ruining Scooter's sensibilities, at least in your own ficverse?

Yep, the frog and the missus are in a whole heapa molasses. And if you don't understand that reference, then ask your parents to explain it to you.

*Doesn't care about having the movie version of Daisy—and the line about her initials though the same joke wouldn't work—projected onto the imagining of one o' my cartoon crushes. :wink: :flirt:

*Waits for the 7-ball to be updated.

MollyArriba

Reaction score
“Cute,” he chuckled. “Cute joke.”
That brought me SO much joy! That's my favorite running gag from season 1; I was shattered when they didn't continue it into season 2

This is wonderful. You Kermit is especially well done. I can hear him loud and clear! Okay, I'mma keep going!

MollyArriba

Reaction score
Sorry I haven't been reading these for a while. I was writing my own fanfic on here. But I'm back and :super: excited!

Not that Gonzo was a violent person in any instance; however, it was no secret that the blue weirdo had held a torch for Piggy and truthfully – as happy as he was with Camilla – Kermit wasn’t sure that crush had ever gone away.
Every time you do this it kills me! I like that it gives my Gonzo this depth I haven't even considered, but I absolutely LOVE him and Camilla! You musn't musn't MUSN'T hint that he loves Piggy anymore! I kills me.....

“Oh Kermie!” she gushed.

“Squeezing a little too tight, sweetie.”

“Of course Moi is going to miss you more than anything!”

“Kinda hurting me.”

“Moi will make sure to call as soon as Moi gets off the plane, mon cher!”

“Choking me to death.”

“Mon Capitaine, this may be the most difficult of goodbyes that we’ve ever faced!”

“Going to black out.”

“Kermie, are you as lightheaded as I am right now?”

“Probably more so.”
KILLED ME!! :big_grin:

“I love you.”
OH MY MUPPET GOD!!!

“Hey.”

“Hey Kermit. Something wrong?”

“Nothing’s wrong,” the frog replied. “Why do you ask?”

“Well,” said the voice. “Kinda late for you to be calling, isn’t it?”

“Oh,” Kermit said, rubbing the back of his neck in embarrassment. “Gee, you’re right. Wasn’t sure what I was thinking. You know what, why don’t I call back tomorrow? You’re probably busy.”

“You kidding? I just ordered a pizza! I got a sudden jolt of creativity that I just couldn’t let go. Actually, you know what? You should come over right now! I don’t think any of this could possibly wait until next week.”

“Um…”

“You called for a reason, Frog, and I’m giving you one.”

Kermit did laugh at that. Leave it to Gonzo to point out the very obvious. “You are right in that,” he said. “Alright, I’m coming over, but if I get hit in the head like last time…”

“Please,” Gonzo said. “I wasn’t even aiming at you. This time, however…”
YAYAYAY! I hope I hope this is part of the next scene. I love Gonzo!

“Oh no,” he whispered. Leaning in closer to her, he finished with, “I can’t guarantee that I would behave.” Piggy had just enough time to seriously give that thought some contemplation when he pulled back with a, “goodnight, dear.”
Hot hothot hot hot HOT!!! Dang. I've never found Kermit all that attractive, but that was spicy. :flirt:

... Did I miss something with Kermit and Gonzo?

WebMistressGina

Reaction score
Sorry I haven't been reading these for a while. I was writing my own fanfic on here. But I'm back and :super: excited!
I saw that!

Every time you do this it kills me! I like that it gives my Gonzo this depth I haven't even considered, but I absolutely LOVE him and Camilla! You musn't musn't MUSN'T hint that he loves Piggy anymore! I kills me.....

No worries, I am very much a canon fanatic. I'm a shipper, even if I don't like it, if it's canon, it's established. Frankly, even I thought the Gonzo/Piggy thing was weird in Muppet Babies, but that was before I actually reaquainted myself with the actual show, where it was established.

OH MY MUPPET GOD!!!
Forgot what it was you were quoting there, so I hope it was good.

Hot hothot hot hot HOT!!! Dang. I've never found Kermit all that attractive, but that was spicy. :flirt:
Well, apparently if you're a diva pig, you'd find him quite the spicy tamale.

Mmmmm....tamales sound good right now.

... Did I miss something with Kermit and Gonzo?
If you mean the right hook that the weirdo gave the frog, which was where I got the idea for It Happened on Monday, then yes.

It's the scene after Kermit makes the call to Gonzo.

Glad you liked it! You of course now can pass go, collect 200 Gina hugs for reading, and move on to It Happened on Monday.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
No worries, I am very much a canon fanatic. I'm a shipper, even if I don't like it, if it's canon, it's established. Frankly, even I thought the Gonzo/Piggy thing was weird in Muppet Babies, but that was before I actually reaquainted myself with the actual show, where it was established.

The only established Muppet cannon is the one :concern: uses for his acts.
:shifty: And sometimes we shoot penguins outta there too.

MollyArriba

Reaction score
If you mean the right hook that the weirdo gave the frog, which was where I got the idea for It Happened on Monday, then yes.

It's the scene after Kermit makes the call to Gonzo.
Is there somewhere I can find that? I've looked for it. I REALLY want to read it.