Silly things you said, did, or thought as a kid

BobThePizzaBoy

Reaction score
When I was a kid, I recall being afraid of an ad that would shown on Nickelodeon for some Time-Life collection of Native American music. I don't know why, I think it was the way it was edited or something. I remember once I saw it on vacation in Cape Cod and I locked myself in a cabinet to avoid seeing it.

I've got a ton of stories from my youth I could tell, but that's all I've got right now.

Hubert

Reaction score
More on the subject of eating things...I used to eat tissues. I actually liked them...they just kinda dissolved in your mouth. *shrugs*

dwmckim

Reaction score
My "lil kid" brain was always working overtime with trying to put two and two together. Like how boys and girls were supposed to think each other were "yuchy" but that never computed to me since i knew they grew up and got married so at some point they must start liking each other so "why wait to be friends?" I made friends just as easily with both girls and boys.

Another example is how i was scared of coffee. Since kids weren't allowed to drink it, i figured something must be "bad" about it ... and since it was called "coffee", i reasoned that coffee must make you cough!

Hubert

Reaction score
My "lil kid" brain was always working overtime with trying to put two and two together. Like how boys and girls were supposed to think each other were "yuchy" but that never computed to me since i knew they grew up and got married so at some point they must start liking each other so "why wait to be friends?" I made friends just as easily with both girls and boys.
I was the same on that one. It just never clicked to me that I'm supposed to think of girls as enemies of some sort.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
It's funny, but when I was a kid growing up, I actually seemed to make friends with girls easier/better than I did with boys... not sure why, but then again, some of my friends who are girls have told me they made friends with boys better than they did with girls, lol.

Hubert

Reaction score
I just thought of another one: I used to think that my two grandmothers were also grandmothers to all of my cousins, while really only one was. And I can remember one of my cousins telling my mom about how his other grandmother took him to a hockey game, and I was jealous because I thought that meant that she took him places but never took me anywhere. I later realized that he was talking about his other grandmother that wouldn't have been mine.