1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 45
    Sesame Street's 45th season officially begins Monday September 15. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

Silly things you said, did, or thought as a kid

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by miss kermie, Jun 17, 2012.

1. minor muppetz

minor muppetz Well-Known Member

My first grade teacher sometimes said "if you don't think your brain will turn into a rock". I thought it was true. But I also didn't know what thinking meant. I also didn't quite know what a brain was (I thought it was the body).
  2. newsmanfan

newsmanfan Well-Known Member

--------------
    I remember being really weirded out to discover that skeletons, which I loved, were actually INSIDE everyone.

I still like skeletons.
    -----------
    Fragglemuppet likes this.
  3. Hubert

Hubert Well-Known Member

Speaking of skeletons...when I was little skeletons really scared me. So before I started school, one time I had seen a skeleton in a classroom in real life or maybe on TV or something, so then until I started school I thought that every single classroom had a skeleton in it, and I was scared to go to school because of that.
  4. D'Snowth

D'Snowth Well-Known Member

When I was in Grade 5, the nacho flavored Doritos could have very well have taken the place of cigarettes for me: I love the cool ranch flavor, but I hate the nacho flavor, yet that's what all the other kids ate with their lunches, so I, for some reason, started eating them with my lunch as well, because I thought they would make me look cool (which is why I say they were basically like cigarettes for me).
  5. Mo Frackle

Mo Frackle Well-Known Member

As far back as I can remember, I always wanted to be a gangster Goodfeather...

But seriously, my mother recalls one incident that occured when I was about two years old. One Saturday morning, my four year old cousin got the bright idea that we should make grilled cheese. As to be expected, we got more cheese on the kitchen floor than on the bread. My mother woke up after hearing all of the commotion. Patient as she was, she cleaned up the mess for us. As I was only two years old at the time, I have absolutely no recollection of this event.
  6. Hayley B

Hayley B Active Member

As a kid I use to believe that Disneyland and Hollywood were places in the clouds just like Heaven is. I had a bus driver that told me she went to Disney World or Disneyland. Then I asked what cloud did she had to go on to get there. She answered and pointed at the biggest cloud I was seeing at the time. But I'm sure she was huh about that . lol
    Fragglemuppet and miss kermie like this.
  7. Pinkflower7783

Pinkflower7783 Well-Known Member

I thought if I went to the San Diego Zoo I could meet Rainbow Brite. :p
    Fragglemuppet likes this.
  8. mo

mo Well-Known Member

I used to eat paper, leaves, grass. I still do now.
    I used to ask to many questions. still. do.now.
    used to get excited when muppet related stuff came on....still do that.
    get excited when I have too much candy...still....
    I also used to think airheads actually made your head turn in to a baloon.
  9. Hubert

Hubert Well-Known Member

When I was little I thought that when someone's body is buried, it's just thrown in the ground and covered up. So when we were planting flowers on my grandfather's grave, I was always scared that we would accidentally dig up his nose. (Haven't figured out why it was only the nose that I was worried about, though)
  10. charlietheowl

charlietheowl Well-Known Member

The idea of being buried has always freaked me out, since I was younger I thought that there was a chance that someone could get buried and not actually be dead. Now I personally just think it's rather unsavory, though I know that puts me in a minority.
  11. mo

mo Well-Known Member

I hated walking through the church graveyard because it was always so lumpy....and I thought the ghosts would be sad :(
  12. newsmanfan

newsmanfan Well-Known Member

-----------
    Er...I always LOVED cemeteries...I would talk to the dead folk, and believe they heard me and welcomed the company. I imagined they must be bored out of their minds having to just lay there.

Still love cemeteries, especially grave art. I wish more people would do kosher burial though...no embalming, no ridiculously overpriced casket. Just throw 'em in a box and let 'em return to the earth. Sounds good to me.
    -------------
    Fragglemuppet and mo like this.
  13. miss kermie

miss kermie Well-Known Member

I used to think that the mall was a maze, for some reason.
  14. Hubert

Hubert Well-Known Member

The concept of my local two-floor mall had always baffled me when I was little: I couldn't figure out how if you went to one entrance you were on the first floor, but if you go over there to the next one you're on the second floor. It still is kinda amazing when you think about it, how they were able to use a hill like that.
  15. charlietheowl

charlietheowl Well-Known Member

Most malls are mazes, I'm pretty sure. The last time I went to the mall I must have passed the Pretzel Time about 12 times while wandering around.
  16. Hubert

Hubert Well-Known Member

Or were there actually 12 of them? :)
  17. miss kermie

Probably, because I went to a mall that had bunches of pretzel shops!
  18. mo

mo Well-Known Member

pretzal shops? we don't have does here! we also don't have mountin dew and lucky charms and dots and abc and malls and well....
  19. miss kermie

I feel bad for you.
    Fragglemuppet and mo like this.
  20. Sgt Floyd

Sgt Floyd Well-Known Member

abc? the television station? if you mean THAT abc, you aren't missing anything
    miss kermie and mo like this.