Monsters University teaser online

Muppet fan 123

Reaction score
The upcoming 2013 Pixar film Monsters University's first teaser was released last night online, which you can watch here.
http://movies.yahoo.com/movie/monst...sters-university-teaser-trailer-29717274.html
What are your thoughts?
Personally, I don't like the look of it now, but truthfully, I've never liked how a Pixar movie looked a year before it comes out. I'm just excited there's another Monsters movie. Monsters Inc is one of my favorite movies.
(Is Frank Oz going to be in this new Monsters?)

Drtooth

Reaction score
Teaser usually means sequences that aren't in the final movie, especially if they're Pixar films. There was a Teaser for Despicable Me 2 all the way back in April, and that just showed minions capering about.

But Pixar is famous for teasers that are completely original footage, separate from the finished film. The Incredibles was nothing more than a sequence of Mr. Incredible having trouble fitting into his old costume, for example.

I am pretty excited about this film, since the first one was one of my top Pixar favorites. I'm hoping it's a very decent follow up (or follow behind, as it were), as they're sequels have been very good so far. Though Cars 2 was Saturday morning cartoony in it's concept.

Yuna Leonhart

Reaction score
Funny teaser, I'm certainly exciting to see Monsters University. Plus, it would be interesting to how Pixar handled their first prequel. My favorite part was when Sulley lifted the bedcovers to see Mike sleeping and taking the tube Gleww in his hand :laugh:
And Mike makes a nice disco ball :big_grin:

(Is Frank Oz going to be in this new Monsters?)
According to IMDB, he is.

Drtooth

Reaction score
According to IMDB, he is.
Not a reliable source half the time... though I did read he was to come back when the film was in the concept stage. I wonder if Celia is going to be in the film at all either. They really didn't give out too much info about what to expect as of yet.

Yuna Leonhart

Reaction score
Well, we just have to wait and see and watch Brave and other Pixar movies to pass time.

Vincent L

Reaction score
Pixar, another of my favorite things. Yaaaaaaaaaay!!! I CAN'T WAIT!
(why do I keep doing that? In. Control.)

Hubert

Reaction score
Yaay! I'm excited for this. Monsters, Inc. is one of my favorite movies, and by far my favorite Pixar movie. I can't wait for this one.