Arthur - Where is the Show Going?

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Is this supposed to be Binky Week or something? Seems like just about every episode they've shown this week is Binky-related somehow

Mo Frackle

Reaction score
Haven't watched Arthur in quite awhile, but I did catch "In My Africa" once. Possibly the worst episode in the entire series? I can't really safely say that, as there are quite a few I still haven't seen.

One of my favorite 'classic' episodes is the second half of Buster's return to Elwood City ("The Ballad of Buster Baxter"). Art Garfunkel's random presence always makes me laugh! The fact that the kids acknowledge him maybe twice in the episode makes it all the funnier. In one scene at Muffy's house, Art is clearly sitting with the kids, yet they act as though he's part of the furniture. Now that I'm older, I sort of wonder what the heck Garfunkel was doing there. But hey, I never bothered to take that episode seriously, so why start now?

Incidentally, has anybody seen "Arthur's Missing Pal"? Any thoughts on it?

Hubert

Reaction score
I did see "ARthur's Missing Pal" when it first debuted, but I haven't since. I don't remember it extremely well, but I didn't think it was bad. I really liked to see the characters in CGI-like animation, even if the animation wasn't that great, still something different for a change.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Incidentally, has anybody seen "Arthur's Missing Pal"? Any thoughts on it?
Yeah, the one with the cheap CGI and the wrong sounding characters? Somehow, I'd be more impressed with the movie if Cinar/Cookie Jar did it with their normal animation (only with a higher budget) and gave it a limited theatrical release like Clifford's Big Movie did. Oh... and if it had a better plot and story.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Wait a minute... wait a minute...

Okay, it's been about three weeks since we last saw a good episode on TV, but apparently, tomorrow's episode is supposed to be a repeat, however, it sounds new to me, as I don't recall reading or hearing about it until now: Story A has to do with Bailey going missing (so?) so Buster becomes a detective again to find him; whole Story B has Muffy trying to give Fern a prize since she never wins anything.

I think we can do without another Bailey the ascended extra episode again, but hasn't Fern won prizes before?

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
Oh, I saw that episode...yeeeeaaahhhh

I tried two times to stay interested in part 2, but failed both times. I gave up.

Mo Frackle

Reaction score
I can't believe I missed out on so many season of Arthur. Judging by people's thoughts, I'd say that's a good thing?

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
You really aren't missing anything. Its at the point where they've done everything they can think of and basically digging under the barrel to find ideas.

Hubert

Reaction score
Wait a minute... wait a minute...

Okay, it's been about three weeks since we last saw a good episode on TV, but apparently, tomorrow's episode is supposed to be a repeat, however, it sounds new to me, as I don't recall reading or hearing about it until now: Story A has to do with Bailey going missing (so?) so Buster becomes a detective again to find him; whole Story B has Muffy trying to give Fern a prize since she never wins anything.

I think we can do without another Bailey the ascended extra episode again, but hasn't Fern won prizes before?
That one aired fairly recently. The Bailey actually isn't half bad, though for some reason I don't remember Buster looking for him...I thought it was just money. The trophy one is pretty terrible...

Also, has anyone seen the Buster's Carpool Catastrophe/GRandpa Dave's Memory Album? I think it was supposed to air fairly recently, yet I must've missed it.