... Why?

Muppet fan 123

Reaction score
But... Why did she do that?
It's a wedding song.
And she has a preggo pillow...
And she likes it.
... Why?
She is supposed to be pregnant. It's not supposed to be funny.
It's a song, she is pregnant, waiting for her groom (Kermit) to come for their wedding, but he comes with a note that says something, I forget what it says. Anyway, that's it.
I'm still not understanding your question, I hope this answered it.

Misskermie

Reaction score
She is supposed to be pregnant. It's not supposed to be funny.
It's a song, she is pregnant, waiting for her groom (Kermit) to come for their wedding, but he comes with a note that says something, I forget what it says. Anyway, that's it.
I'm still not understanding your question, I hope this answered it.
The note said,
"Can't get away to marry you today, my wife won't let me."

And thanks for the explaination. However my human brain is still confused.

charlietheowl

Reaction score
Maybe the joke is that Kermit would have thought she was lying about being pregnant?

David French

Reaction score
The pillow is part of the costume and has no direct relation to the song. The implication is that Miss Piggy's character is pregnant, and that is why she is marrying Kermit's character - he's the father.

The only true joke is that Miss Piggy refuses to remove the pillow because she likes the pretense that she is pregnant to Kermit.

RedPiggy

Reaction score
Yes, it's part of the many gags where Piggy is trying to sucker Kermit into marrying her. I know there's a term for getting pregnant so the male will marry you, but I can't remember what it is.

Hubert

Reaction score
But in a way it is a joke. Just the fact that for the song Piggy is using a pillow to look pregnant is supposed to be funny.

And I don't think Piggy really was trying to make Kermit marry her, this was just a sketch they did that happened to involve a wedding.

Misskermie

Reaction score
Oh...
Well that's wierd.
I just watched it the other day, and I was like,
I still don't know why that's funny.
I guess it's the, "Ha ha, why is she pregnant!?" Laugh.

Beauregard

Reaction score
I guess it's the, "Ha ha, why is she pregnant!?" Laugh.
Hmm...Not really. Its really more of a social satire, I suppose, or even just a bit insulting to people who get married just because they get pregnant. I think the laugh is on several levels:
A. Haha. Someone got knocked up and now they get married (I disapprove of this laughter, by the way)
B. Hehe. Miss Piggy looks funny pregnant!
C. Hoho. They've tricked us into thinking that a puppet has put a pillow under their dress. (Which is even funnier than a human doing it.)
D. HA! Fun twist to the song in that the person she's "waiting for" is already married! (What a dirt bag!)
E. Hahaha, Miss Piggy is genuinely trying to trick Kermit into marrying her through the use of a sketch (Much like in MTM) but he's not falling for it (fooling for it?)
F. Miss Piggy is attracted to the idea of being pregnant...makes Kermit uncomfortable.

The thing I love most about the Muppets is their levels in jokes, like: "Character in sketch makes joke or sings funny song," "Muppet actress Miss Piggy makes joke about her character in sketch", "Puppets are funny".