Fraggle Pairings

mostlikemokey

Reaction score
I used to think Gobo/Mokey was what the creators intended, but now I'm more inclined to think Gobo/Red. :jim: was never the type to make things glaringly obvious, and I think Gobo/Red is more interesting and realistic.

Fraggline

Reaction score
Yeah, I could see that, too. In "Helping Hand" in "New Trash Heap in Town," it was a bit obvious, wasn't it? And yes, I know, the Fraggles are just puppets--but if they WERE alive, I like to think that the writers planned a relationship between Gobo and Mokey, but Gobo and Red were beginning to like each other off-screen, and this began to show by the later seasons. :excited::smirk:

PanthraDion

Reaction score
Red and Gobo make a good pair, as well as Gobo and Wembley. Also, Wembley and Cotterpin make a good pair. Those are all that I can think of right now, if I think of any later, I will post it. :smile:

Tom Fraggle

Reaction score
Alright, a place to give my five cents worth on Fraggle matchups.

Disclaimer: These are just my matchups, that I feel like I picked up on while watching Fraggle Rock. So I don't wemble on them too much on who to list, I'll just list all possibilities.

#1) Gobo / Red - Definitely. The hugs and kisses during season 1, their heated competitions to get each others attention, and then Red confirms she really admires Gobo in the SFX Interview.

#2a) Wembley / Lou - Yes, Wembley and Lou were only shown in one episode together and yes, Wembley considered her just a good friend, but near the end with them holding hands and singing together, one has to wonder. And I do think I recall seeing Lou appear as a background character is several episodes, but never with Wembley again. Could she had been admiring her Wembley in the background? Who knows.
or
#2b) Wembley / Mokey - Maybe, it's a long shot possibility, but I did consider it. Wembley being a young Fraggle, liking the more older mature mother like figure.

#3a) Mokey / Cantus - She wants to be a Minstrel and she adores Cantus for his musical and mysterious cool-calm qualities, plus his insightful words of wisdom. If she had remained a minstrel, things might of gotten more closer between them while on the road.

#3b/4a) Mokey / Boober - There are times when they really seem to "care" for each other, like there could be more to it, but Boober's too scared to try and Mokey don't want to scare him away. Plus it's Boober who seems more devastated when she leaves with the Minstrels, giving her more than just your normal hug.

4b) Boober / Tosh - Wembley and Boober are like part of the fraggle five close best friends group, but when you put a girl into the picture and Boober chose her over your close friend suddenly just for a song partner, heh... Plus, he can't say no to helping Tosh take care of her beasty pet.

5) Uncle Matt / Storyteller - I can see this match up possible as Storyteller really gets into her stories about Matt and swoons at times. We just don't see them together in the episodes because by now, Matt has his mind on Outer Space, his new passion.

As I said, they're just my matchups, nothing solid in stone, don't make me wemble over them.:coy: /grin I still like reading all the fanfics and the matchups that are done. Since we don't have any really solid proof, except maybe for Gobo/Red, we can all imagine and be happy about who we think ends up with who.

And as I read through this forum here, I find all the matchups and reasons for them very interesting. It's neat how we silly creatures like playing matchmaker for the Fraggles. /grin

Twisted Tails

Reaction score
Alright, a place to give my five cents worth on Fraggle matchups.

Disclaimer: These are just my matchups, that I feel like I picked up on while watching Fraggle Rock. So I don't wemble on them too much on who to list, I'll just list all possibilities.

#1) Gobo / Red - Definitely. The hugs and kisses during season 1, their heated competitions to get each others attention, and then Red confirms she really admires Gobo in the SFX Interview.

#2a) Wembley / Lou - Yes, Wembley and Lou were only shown in one episode together and yes, Wembley considered her just a good friend, but near the end with them holding hands and singing together, one has to wonder. And I do think I recall seeing Lou appear as a background character is several episodes, but never with Wembley again. Could she had been admiring her Wembley in the background? Who knows.
or
#2b) Wembley / Mokey - Maybe, it's a long shot possibility, but I did consider it. Wembley being a young Fraggle, liking the more older mature mother like figure.

#3a) Mokey / Cantus - She wants to be a Minstrel and she adores Cantus for his musical and mysterious cool-calm qualities, plus his insightful words of wisdom. If she had remained a minstrel, things might of gotten more closer between them while on the road.

#3b/4a) Mokey / Boober - There are times when they really seem to "care" for each other, like there could be more to it, but Boober's too scared to try and Mokey don't want to scare him away. Plus it's Boober who seems more devastated when she leaves with the Minstrels, giving her more than just your normal hug.

4b) Boober / Tosh - Wembley and Boober are like part of the fraggle five close best friends group, but when you put a girl into the picture and Boober chose her over your close friend suddenly just for a song partner, heh... Plus, he can't say no to helping Tosh take care of her beasty pet.

5) Uncle Matt / Storyteller - I can see this match up possible as Storyteller really gets into her stories about Matt and swoons at times. We just don't see them together in the episodes because by now, Matt has his mind on Outer Space, his new passion.

As I said, they're just my matchups, nothing solid in stone, don't make me wemble over them.:coy: /grin I still like reading all the fanfics and the matchups that are done. Since we don't have any really solid proof, except maybe for Gobo/Red, we can all imagine and be happy about who we think ends up with who.

And as I read through this forum here, I find all the matchups and reasons for them very interesting. It's neat how we silly creatures like playing matchmaker for the Fraggles. /grin
You got it right, Tom Fraggle, Smart and sometimes a very good listener. So, Gobo/Red, Mokey/Boober, Wembley/Lou. Yes, you're smart fer sure. I have been watching the show. Whoo-hoo-hoo!

Twisted Tails

Reaction score
There's is another pairing I don't get at all... and that's Red & Wembley. I did see some FR episodes with those guys such as, "Believe It or Not" (a little bit of a rushed episode) and "The Cavern of Lost Dream." I would say there are more like a brother and a sister.

The pair I absolutely agree with are:
Red & Gobo :excited: :smirk:
Mokey & Boober :dreamy: :sigh:
Wembley & Tosh (too bad Tosh is only in one episode) (sighs) I guess they're just friends until they get older. :coy:
Storyteller & Uncle Matt - I like that kind of pairing. Too bad I see that by story in fanfics.

Slackbot

Reaction score
If you show them at their current ages there would be a continuity issue with the series, as in The Riddle of Rhyming Rock and Born to Wander we saw that The Storyteller had a crush on Matt when they were both young.

FrackleFan2012

Reaction score
My Fraggle Pairings Are:

.Red and Mokey

.Boober and Tosh

. Wembley and Cotterpin Doozer

. Gobo and Cantus

. Philo and Gunge

Twisted Tails

Reaction score
- Red and Mokey
- Gobo and Wembley