New Members: Please Post and Introduce Yourself

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
I'm a rather bummed out at the moment, as it looks like my first thread starting message was accidently deleted in the editing process!
Introduction threads are always merged with with thread to keep things neat, so it was deleted on purpose. I've been saying we need to just make an introduction section instead of having one hidden thread thats not immediately obvious where it is :/

VP Weirdo

Reaction score
Introduction threads are always merged with with thread to keep things neat, so it was deleted on purpose. I've been saying we need to just make an introduction section instead of having one hidden thread thats not immediately obvious where it is :/
But it was never meant to be hidden. I was operating under the assumtion that when starting on new topic on the forum you had to click on create thread. (?)

Hubert

Reaction score
But it was never meant to be hidden. I was operating under the assumtion that when starting on new topic on the forum you had to click on create thread. (?)
That's correct, what the previous poster was saying is that this thread we're currently posting in is sort of hidden...you do do exactly what you did to create a thread, the only reason it was deleted is because we already have this thread.

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
Ok...I'm misunderstanding something.

Did you create a thread at some point introducing yourself and it just vanished?

Edit: Hey, thats two posts you ziffled me today. You are on a roll, dude.

VP Weirdo

Reaction score
That's correct, what the previous poster was saying is that this thread we're currently posting in is sort of hidden...you do do exactly what you did to create a thread, the only reason it was deleted is because we already have this thread.
That's impossible. I was still in process of editing my message and hadn't even posted it yet. Plus, giving the searchs I've done I doubt very much anyone else had already address the topic I had in mind.

VP Weirdo

Reaction score
Ok...I'm misunderstanding something.

Did you create a thread at some point introducing yourself and it just vanished?

Edit: Hey, thats two posts you ziffled me today. You are on a roll, dude.
Not exactly. Read with a just wrote to Hubert. Oh and to avoid addition confusion, this was supposed to be a new topic in a different forum. Without a forumal introduction. I'd already introduced myself on this forum and didn't want to make myself the focus of the topic.:sigh:

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
So you were trying to post a topic. Did you actually post the topic and decided you wanted to edit it? I'm sorry if I sound like I'm being difficult. I'm just trying to make sure I am understanding what you are saying.

VP Weirdo

Reaction score
So you were trying to post a topic. Did you actually post the topic and decided you wanted to edit it? I'm sorry if I sound like I'm being difficult. I'm just trying to make sure I am understanding what you are saying.
Yes, because my spelling and grammer tends to be (for lack of a more polite word: crappy) most of the time. I tend to preview my messages before posting them so I correct any word mistakes and also in case any sentences seem over long or rambled. In fact, I original intended to say a little something about my personal history at the start of this topic, but since I tend to get lost in my multitude of ideas anyway it seem best to just skip to point. So I was deleting my intro sentance after thinking it wasn't necessary and that tryed changing 'quote' to 'quite' in the next sentance. I think that was when I somehow lost it. Of course, I could easily just start over again, but I was so frustrated to that thought when me next alert arrived. So figures:stick_out_tongue: "my as well say what's on my mind."

And no, it doesn't feel like your being difficult. Thanks.

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
I see. You either clicked delete somewhere along the lines (although a message should have popped up confirming it) or a mod deleted your topic. If you were talking about yourself, it is very possible that your topic was mistaken for an introduction and deleted. Or you included something a bit too personal. You can always pm The Count and ask if he deleted your topic.

VP Weirdo

Reaction score
I see. You either clicked delete somewhere along the lines (although a message should have popped up confirming it) or a mod deleted your topic. If you were talking about yourself, it is very possible that your topic was mistaken for an introduction and deleted. Or you included something a bit too personal. You can always pm The Count and ask if he deleted your topic.
It is possible that I maybe just taking to long? For the record there nothing all that personal about the topic. As I said, reference to myself where something I wished to down play. At least this time anyway.
Which Count would you be refering in to hmmmm?