Your Thoughts: Fraggle Rock on The Hub beginning October 10, 2010

Tom Fraggle

Reaction score
I can see that. Most people like happy endings. Oddly enough, for me it all depends on the tone the series has to begin with. If you have some epic war going on, ala Lord of the Rings, Game of Thrones, etc....then death, guts and glory are the way to go!
Yeah, death is expected, but it's usually the good guys dieing during the movie, while it's mostly all the time the bad guy dies in the end and good prevails, unless there is a sequel coming out later, then we have to wait for the good guy till the next one.

Deaths, guts, and glory.... /lol You just made my day. /lol

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
I can see that. Most people like happy endings.
See I should clarify. Just because I may not want to revisit a painful story again doesn't mean I thought the series or the ending was bad. If anything it means the story did its job in getting an emotional response from me. :smile:

That is, if it's done well. If the ending feels false or unsatisfying then I half consider it non-canon at that point. The creators have a responsibility to honor the story and not let it down.

bandit

Reaction score
See I should clarify. Just because I may not want to revisit a painful story again doesn't mean I thought the series or the ending was bad. If anything it means the story did its job in getting an emotional response from me. :smile:

That is, if it's done well. If the ending feels false or unsatisfying then I half consider it non-canon at that point. The creators have a responsibility to honor the story and not let it down.
Beautifully put. Canon is exactly what I harp on all the time. That's what felt off for me about the Fraggle Rock ending. It began to feel a little more like a fan fiction or something tailor made for fans than it did a true Fraggle Rock episode.

Bwahahaha, so glad I could help, Tom! I aim to please. I don't know why but I always loved stories of heroic martyrdom. Nothing like going out in a blaze of glory, sword swinging, torn cape whipping behind you and taking the enemy down with your dying breath....or dying while trying. It's every hero's swan song. Think about it! It's why stories retold in 300 or the Last Samurai are so powerful.
Just look at Black Swan!

Twisted Tails

Reaction score

Since I am done with the FR television series, I cannot wait for the FR movie in the future. I can't wait to see it when the movie comes closer to theaters very, very soon.

bandit

Reaction score
Since I am done with the FR television series, I cannot wait for the FR movie in the future. I can't wait to see it when the movie comes closer to theaters very, very soon.
And again...o.o I'm wary. It's been so long and the crew is going to be different. Makes me apprehensive about what they will deliver. It might be terrific or...it might be something we have to hit over the head with a shovel and quietly bury in our back yard one night at 3 in the morning.

Twisted Tails

Reaction score
And again...o.o I'm wary. It's been so long and the crew is going to be different. Makes me apprehensive about what they will deliver. It might be terrific or...it might be something we have to hit over the head with a shovel and quietly bury in our back yard one night at 3 in the morning.
I couldn't agree more, bandit. There better be good puns, jokes, or maybe references from the series would be amazing. Thank you for posting!

Hubert

Reaction score
Yeah, I'm also a bit apprehensive...there's just so much to capture in FR. Because FR is basically perfect...there's so much magic and inspiration to capture...if someone is about to make a new FR movie, they have about the hardest task that ever existed in film history.

bandit

Reaction score
Fraggle Rock is at its best when it is subtle and silly and natural. There was a really great natural flow about the way characters interacted and the way dialogue was delivered. Part of me thinks that with this pressure put on these guys to recapture this, they may end up shooting themselves in the foot by trying too hard....Then I'll have to shoot them in the other foot...
Hahaha! Seriously, we'll just have to wait and see. Maybe they deserve more credit. They may know the series inside and out. I'm just partial to the original writers and creative team so....I'm just a liiiiittle biased.

Tom Fraggle

Reaction score
Agree. I'm very wary of a Fraggle movie. I would love to see one, BUT... they have a far greater chance to ruin it, then continue on what we grew to love about the Fraggles. Especially since most Hollywood movie producers want edgy, raunchy, trash in their films. I don't care for a edgy, raunchy, sick puns, and trashy Fraggle Rock. And without their original voices, it might be a lot harder to grasp, especially if they fail to keep the Fraggle five true to their original personality selves. Each puppeteer gave each Fraggle so much life and personality, it amazed me. Could someone else even be able to duplicate to their level?

Plus, a muppet is more real to me than something like a cartoon looking computer generated character. Unless they can make the Fraggles look like really real, like what was done with CGI Davy Jones in Pirates of the Caribbean 2 & 3. But we all know they don't have a budget for that kind of CGI production.

bandit

Reaction score
BOO! NO! No CGI for Fraggle Rock! That's really going to make me spit fire! Blasphemy. They must be the real deal or it's off.
None of that Smurf crap either. =.= I've got torches, pitchforks and jagged throwing stones all prepared for them should it come to that.