Silly things you said, did, or thought as a kid

Hubert

Reaction score
And while we're at it: pillow forts! Our old couches had a total of five large cushions, and I would make terrific pillow forts all the time out of them, then collect a bunch of supplies that I would need if I was to stay in there for a while, and then I would stay in there for about a half hour and play with whatever I happened to bring in.

mupcollector1

Reaction score
Let's see
Here's some things I thought of when I was a kid

"Who's that Bearded man next to Kermit ?" (The first time I discoverd Jim Henson when looking at the book for Sleeping Birdy when going to Sesame Street Live)

Looking for Brian Henson when I was visiting an Airport once. Thank God I finally meet him at MuppetFest :smile:

Bringing and performing my Fisher Price Kermit puppet pretending to be filming a Muppet Movie when being invited to Chuckie Cheeses and performing on the stage making some Chuckie Cheese fan kid super angry. lol embarrassing yet funny memory now.

I called these kids Chinese boy and Chinese girl when I was in first grade and didn't mean to bully or be racist or anything and felt super angry at myself when I realized that they were hurt. Where I got that from, no idea!

I called the wrong number of a friend of mine (who later became my ex-who was mean to me) thinking his family changed their answering machine message by disquise my voice making it deep saying "Hello, there's a bomb in your house, for more info call (my number at the time). An hour later a poor elderly lady called up my mom panicing had the squat team looking around her home. I felt so scared. lol I lied to her on the phone and said it was a friend of mine that did that.
I've always had a morbid sense of humor as a kid. lol
Always thought a joke about someone getting hit by a car was so funny. I find it funnier if it's done in cartoon animation. lol
"I killed the dinosaurs, I ran them over with my truck." _Wiberd Cob from The Ren & Stimpy Show. That just cracked me up, perfect example.

Hmm, trying to find some funny memories of my childhood that aren't tragic. lol

I got one. I was a toddler watching Sesame and my mom is cleaning a rug. Suddenly she locked herself outside for a long time and had to hire some teenager to brake into her window just to unlock to door. The whole time she's thinking "My baby, my poor baby is in there for a long time, I'm so worried." She gets though the door running to me thinking I'm crying, I'm just giggling watching Ernie and Bert on TV. lol Didn't even notice. lol

And probably one of my best stories of all. As a kid, I was so fashionated with Nickelodeon's Aaahh Real Monsters to a point where it's gonna sound crazy. I wanted to marry Ickis and run away from home and go to the city dump, clime inside the washer machine enterence and be his bride. I was like 8 years old. No idea how that came about. lol I told my best friend this a few weeks back and he thought it was crazy but didn't reply to it.

Which reminds me, I got to go get ready for my therapist appointment. lol

D'Snowth

Reaction score
When I was in elementary school I used to think a lot of things...
Like for one, I used to think that I was a cartoon character and used to go around telling everyone about me being a cartoon and such.
I also thought I was a famous baseball player, a fighter pilot in WWII, a famous actor, a famous musician and a video game character.
But, I've grown out of that phase now....It stinks to get older.
Yeah, I think I went through a similar phase when I was six or so, when I figured out the concept of voices and stuff (I had seen Space Jam, and learned that Mel Blanc was dead, which is why all the characters had different voice actors), so for a short while, I faked a different voice, and told people it was because the guy who did my voice died, so someone else was doing my voice now.

newsmanfan

Reaction score
------------
Snowth, that is so weirdly cool. Very David Lynch!

------------

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I didn't really have the best of hearing in the world as a kid (up until I have my tonsils and hardened earwax build-up removed), so there were a lot of words or phrases that I constantly misheard, some of the ones I can actually remember are:

* "Chicken Box" instead of "Chicken Pox" (there was a chicken pox epidemic in kindergarten, so when our teacher would mention certain kids being out because of it, I'd imagine them lying around in their beds, eating boxes of KFC, lol).
* "Balanced Check" instead of "Bounced Check" (sounds a lot more positive, doesn't it?)
* "Marty Mouse" instead of "Mighty Mouse"
* "Dinky Water" instead of "Drink Of Water"

To name a few.

mr3urious

Reaction score
I played store and built a few forts when I was a kid, too. :smile:

Hubert

Reaction score
I just thought of something: When I was little, I always admired those little sayings like "Ya snooze, ya lose" or "The early bird catches the worm," stuff like that. So I decided to try to come up with one of my own. So I came up with the phrase "If you're cheap, you beep." My parents didn't get it, so I tried to explain how people beep their car horns if they're mad about people ahead of them, so if you buy stuff for cheap, it already comes with a low level of quality, meaning that when the item doesn't work out, people "beep" about it...

Yeah...I guess I got the part about those sayings having a good meaning, but not about the part that it shouldn't take five minutes to explain the thing to someone about how this means this so this means this...

TheWoodringman

Reaction score
Yeah, I think I went through a similar phase when I was six or so, when I figured out the concept of voices and stuff (I had seen Space Jam, and learned that Mel Blanc was dead, which is why all the characters had different voice actors), so for a short while, I faked a different voice, and told people it was because the guy who did my voice died, so someone else was doing my voice now.
Oh yeah I used to think I had voice actors (One was named Freddy Murphy.)
Especially when my voice got deeper I thought the other actor had retired
So now I had gotten a new voice actor (Not a very good one as I thought at that time.)