Funko POP! Muppet figures coming in 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.

muppetlover123

Reaction score
This is coming from the experience of a member who's been here since 2002 or so...

I'm not being mean, but fantasizing about the 9th or 10th series of a toy line that hasn't even been released yet invites disappointment. Especially when it includes characters only die hard members want, but completists would actually buy. This happens with every Muppet related... nay... EVERY toy line out there. You wind up with one or two series, and that one character you really wanted never gets made, and you wind up hating the toy line just a bit for the lack of that character... and that's if the line ever takes off at all.

Think about it this way. We never got series 12 of Sesame Street Palisades figures with Blue Monster with Horns and Leslie Mostly. We didn't even get series one with Ernie.
yeah sorry :frown:

Drtooth

Reaction score
There's nothing wrong with fantasizing at all. It's just that some of us have seen too many realities to not look at a list and sigh loudly. It's not that we wouldn't want to see a Funko figure of "Background character in 'Any Old Iron' that pupil fell off of," it's just that if we wind up seeing an Electric Mayhem set of only Dr. Teeth, Animal and possible Janice, we'd either
A) take it out on the company
B) take it out on the retailers
C) take it out on the consumers
or
D) take it out on ourselves for being naive to think that a toy line could have everyone we'd possibly want.

It happened before, it will happen again, it's just the way it is.

Fozzie6

Reaction score
As someone who collects Funko items, I can tell you right now not to get your hopes up that it goes past 1 series. A lot of their stuff ends prematurely, heck they made the Jetsons and never even produced Judy or Jane.

Anyhow, for those wanting to purchase the 3-pack San Diego Comic-Con metallic mahna mahna set, I would recommend checking out www.geminicollectibles.net. They should have the comic-con items at a reasonable price starting July 12 and they have free shipping on them from July 12-15.

Status
Not open for further replies.