"Didney Worl" Elmo questions

Zekumi

Reaction score
I've spent quite awhile trying to find some answers for this, and I thought maybe you guys here on the forum might know:

Is this Elmo a real plush? Assuming he is, does anyone have the remotest idea where he came from? I can't figure out if he's supposed to be wearing an elephant-eared hoodie, mouse ears, or maybe Disney's Mickey. I'm able to find a select few of somewhat similarly bodied plushes from Japan, but none of them have the hoodie or plastic eyes (all the close ones I've found have cloth eyes), so nothing exactly the same.

Can anyone offer any help?

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Er, did you mean "Disney World" Elmo? Cause that might help other more knowledgeable people. Not to mention the fact that Elmo shouldn't even be sold at Disney World stores as that's a Muppet character from a franchise not owned by the mouse house to begin with. If it's a plush that came from Japan, I'd recommend contacting fellow forum member shamauda who lives there and could possibly have better answers.

Hope this helps.

Zekumi

Reaction score
Oops, my apologies for not explaining! This image of Elmo is popularly circulated online with the text "Didney Worl!" over the image (the phrase "Didny Worl" being an internet meme, sometimes captioned or used for images of Disney characters looking goofy or wonky), so that's what I was referring to in the title. I took for granted that some people had probably seen it floating around the internet before and would recognize it from that.

The photo I used is just a version without the text. It normally looks like:

I hope that makes sense! I didn't mean for it to be confusing. I apologize!

Hubert

Reaction score
To me, it definitely looks like a Japan plush. Unfortunately, I don't know a thing about them...maybe someone on this forum does.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
That's okay, thanks for the explanation as I myself am visually impaired and wouldn't have gotten the reference anyway. But we here read anything refering to "Disney" + Elmo, and we think What? Elmo's from Sesame Street, owned by Sesame Workshop. Disney has nothing to do with Elmo, they own the Muppet Show Muppets.
Hope this helps and have a good day.

Drtooth

Reaction score
To me, it definitely looks like a Japan plush. Unfortunately, I don't know a thing about them...maybe someone on this forum does.
There's no question. it IS a Japanese Sesame Street plush. problem is, I don't know which one, since there's a LOT of them on the wiki...

I'd say it's either one of the Japanese prize plush or some sort of cel phone strap on.

mo

Reaction score
looks like elmo on drugs wearing a koala suit.

Tomservo95

Reaction score
That's okay, thanks for the explanation as I myself am visually impaired and wouldn't have gotten the reference anyway. But we here read anything refering to "Disney" + Elmo, and we think What? Elmo's from Sesame Street, owned by Sesame Workshop. Disney has nothing to do with Elmo, they own the Muppet Show Muppets.
Hope this helps and have a good day.
here's the know your meme entry for the didney world meme. hope this helps you guys out :wink: http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=...lpwJpFeO6Z4Wd0LWg&sig2=Ias8PfFW_nCxWRDC_qruQw

Drtooth

Reaction score
here's the know your meme entry for the didney world meme. hope this helps you guys out :wink:

UGH!

Internet Memes are getting quite awful now. I still refuse to move from Dr. Robotnik saying things that sound suspiciously like parts of the male anatomy.

You know... I tried to make some memes once that no one...

HOLY CRAP! I found it!

It's a Chara-Hiroba prize toy

Just as I thought!

CaseytheMuppet

Reaction score
That's a nice Big Bird plush. Aside from the fact that he's, y'know, 2 inches tall. :wisdom: