1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Original Soundtrack
    With a new Muppet movie one of the most anticipated merchandise releases is the official soundtrack. Listen to the Muppets Most Wanted original soundtrack now playing on Muppet Central Radio.

"Didney Worl" Elmo questions

Discussion in 'Sesame Merchandise' started by Zekumi, Jul 14, 2012.

1. Zekumi

Zekumi New Member

I've spent quite awhile trying to find some answers for this, and I thought maybe you guys here on the forum might know:

[​IMG]

Is this Elmo a real plush? Assuming he is, does anyone have the remotest idea where he came from? I can't figure out if he's supposed to be wearing an elephant-eared hoodie, mouse ears, or maybe Disney's Mickey. I'm able to find a select few of somewhat similarly bodied plushes from Japan, but none of them have the hoodie or plastic eyes (all the close ones I've found have cloth eyes), so nothing exactly the same.

Can anyone offer any help?
  2. The Count

The Count Moderator Staff Member

Er, did you mean "Disney World" Elmo? Cause that might help other more knowledgeable people. Not to mention the fact that Elmo shouldn't even be sold at Disney World stores as that's a Muppet character from a franchise not owned by the mouse house to begin with. If it's a plush that came from Japan, I'd recommend contacting fellow forum member shamauda who lives there and could possibly have better answers.

Hope this helps.
    Muppet fan 123 and Muppetboy09 like this.
  3. Zekumi

Zekumi New Member

Oops, my apologies for not explaining! This image of Elmo is popularly circulated online with the text "Didney Worl!" over the image (the phrase "Didny Worl" being an internet meme, sometimes captioned or used for images of Disney characters looking goofy or wonky), so that's what I was referring to in the title. I took for granted that some people had probably seen it floating around the internet before and would recognize it from that.

The photo I used is just a version without the text. It normally looks like:
    [​IMG]

I hope that makes sense! I didn't mean for it to be confusing. I apologize!
  4. Hubert

Hubert Well-Known Member

To me, it definitely looks like a Japan plush. Unfortunately, I don't know a thing about them...maybe someone on this forum does.
  5. The Count

The Count Moderator Staff Member

That's okay, thanks for the explanation as I myself am visually impaired and wouldn't have gotten the reference anyway. But we here read anything refering to "Disney" + Elmo, and we think What? Elmo's from Sesame Street, owned by Sesame Workshop. Disney has nothing to do with Elmo, they own the Muppet Show Muppets.
    Hope this helps and have a good day.
  6. Drtooth

Drtooth Well-Known Member

There's no question. it IS a Japanese Sesame Street plush. problem is, I don't know which one, since there's a LOT of them on the wiki...

I'd say it's either one of the Japanese prize plush or some sort of cel phone strap on.
  7. mo

mo Well-Known Member

looks like elmo on drugs wearing a koala suit.
  8. Tomservo95

Tomservo95 Member

here's the know your meme entry for the didney world meme. hope this helps you guys out ;) http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=...lpwJpFeO6Z4Wd0LWg&sig2=Ias8PfFW_nCxWRDC_qruQw
  9. Drtooth

UGH!

Internet Memes are getting quite awful now. I still refuse to move from Dr. Robotnik saying things that sound suspiciously like parts of the male anatomy.

You know... I tried to make some memes once that no one...

HOLY CRAP! I found it!

It's a Chara-Hiroba prize toy

[​IMG]

Just as I thought!
    DramaQueenMokey and Tomservo95 like this.
  10. CaseytheMuppet

CaseytheMuppet Well-Known Member

That's a nice Big Bird plush. Aside from the fact that he's, y'know, 2 inches tall. :wisdom:
  11. mo

mo Well-Known Member

there cute but It's weird to think that people on the oter side of the world think elmo looks like that. unless they get american sesame street.
  12. Drtooth

Someone completely unfamiliar with "Chibi plush" I see.

As a collector of Japanese toys, I feel the need to correct that statement. Large heads on tiny bodies are cute, and the gold standard of merchandising things that aren't Gundam Models or very expensive collectors figures or... uh... very expensive collector figures that perverts buy.

Not to mention "Dressing already cute things in even cuter things." Hello Kitty ring a Bell? You know what Disney character is so randomly popular over there he has 2 animes devoted to him? Stitch. And they dress him up as EVERYTHING in merchandising too.

So these Elmo toys are a shock to anyone who's never seen what Japanese merchandise looks like. But those that have just say, hmm.
    mo and Walter like this.
  13. HeyButtahfly

HeyButtahfly Well-Known Member

At least Cookie Monster is the correct hue of blue...
  14. Walter

Walter Active Member

DrTooth said:
    Finally! I thought I was the only person that knew about the Stitch! anime!! I'm such a big Stitch fan, If I ever went to Japan I would have to save up for months just to get my fill of merch:fanatic:. I really wish Disney would agknowledge the anime here in the US.. I heard it aired once on Disney XD(I believe the first two seasons have been dubbed).. Hasn't been seen since.
  15. mo

mo Well-Known Member

I know what japanese toys look like, I'm just saying that elmo doesnt look like that and it's freaking me out! when I was a kid I hated evrything cute, probably becuase people would always say how cute my brother was and never say anything to me.

I just wish would tone down cute things.