"Didney Worl" Elmo questions

mo

Reaction score
there cute but It's weird to think that people on the oter side of the world think elmo looks like that. unless they get american sesame street.

Drtooth

Reaction score
there cute but It's weird to think that people on the oter side of the world think elmo looks like that. unless they get american sesame street.
Someone completely unfamiliar with "Chibi plush" I see.

As a collector of Japanese toys, I feel the need to correct that statement. Large heads on tiny bodies are cute, and the gold standard of merchandising things that aren't Gundam Models or very expensive collectors figures or... uh... very expensive collector figures that perverts buy.

Not to mention "Dressing already cute things in even cuter things." Hello Kitty ring a Bell? You know what Disney character is so randomly popular over there he has 2 animes devoted to him? Stitch. And they dress him up as EVERYTHING in merchandising too.

So these Elmo toys are a shock to anyone who's never seen what Japanese merchandise looks like. But those that have just say, hmm.

Walter

Reaction score
DrTooth said:
Not to mention "Dressing already cute things in even cuter things." Hello Kitty ring a Bell? You know what Disney character is so randomly popular over there he has 2 animes devoted to him? Stitch. And they dress him up as EVERYTHING in merchandising too.
Finally! I thought I was the only person that knew about the Stitch! anime!! I'm such a big Stitch fan, If I ever went to Japan I would have to save up for months just to get my fill of merch:fanatic:. I really wish Disney would agknowledge the anime here in the US.. I heard it aired once on Disney XD(I believe the first two seasons have been dubbed).. Hasn't been seen since.

mo

Reaction score
So these Elmo toys are a shock to anyone who's never seen what Japanese merchandise looks like. But those that have just say, hmm.
I know what japanese toys look like, I'm just saying that elmo doesnt look like that and it's freaking me out! when I was a kid I hated evrything cute, probably becuase people would always say how cute my brother was and never say anything to me.

I just wish would tone down cute things.