Ack! I need help......

PanthraDion

Reaction score
choosing a song to do with a Jim Henson Medley that I am putting together. I play the piano, and I am doing the Fraggle theme, and I want to have two Fraggle songs in the Medley. I already have the international version of "Workin'" as one of the two, but I don't know what to song should be the second song. I was thinking of doing "Children of Tomorrow", but I thought that I should ask the opinions of some of the other Fraggle fanatics of Muppet Central.:coy:

charlietheowl

Reaction score
I think Children of Tomorrow would be a good choice. One of my personal favorite songs from the show is There's A Promise, but I don't know if a holiday song is a good fit in July.

Slackbot

Reaction score
I'd ask what the tempo of the medley is. We Are the Children of Tomorrow might slow things down. Pass it On is a good, peppy song that has a clear message, even if you know nothing about the show. Pukka Pukka Pukka Squeetily Boink is also wonderfully, goofily Fraggly.

Twisted Tails

Reaction score
I'd ask what the tempo of the medley is. We Are the Children of Tomorrow might slow things down. Pass it On is a good, peppy song that has a clear message, even if you know nothing about the show. Pukka Pukka Pukka Squeetily Boink is also wonderfully, goofily Fraggly.
We Are the Children of Tomorrow.

Pass It On is now considered a Christmas tradition song. Great song, though!

You got my favorite Wembley song. Pukka Pukka Squeetily Boink is not just silly, but full of fun. I love that song! Kim, you are excellent at choosing the right songs.

bandit

Reaction score
I guess that depends on the feeling you're going for here. What is it you are trying to express? Are you trying to capture the Fraggle Rock spirit in this music because you may need a few more tunes to do that. Are you trying to go for a particular emotion?

So much of what you should do depends on what you are TRYING to do.

PanthraDion

Reaction score
I guess that depends on the feeling you're going for here. What is it you are trying to express? Are you trying to capture the Fraggle Rock spirit in this music because you may need a few more tunes to do that. Are you trying to go for a particular emotion?

So much of what you should do depends on what you are TRYING to do.
I have actually decided to try to work out chords for the songs that I will choose because I decided that it was just not right to not include more that just two Fraggle songs. So... like I already said, I will be working out chords for parts of some of the Fraggle songs, and those are (But not limited to) Children of Tomorrow, Pass it On, Pukka, Pukka, Pukka Squeetily Boink, Wemblin' Fool (Because they did it at Jim Henson's funeral) and Lost and Found. I don't have forever to do this medley; I already have some parts of a few Muppet songs chosen. To be precise, I'm Going To Go Back There Some Day, Bless Us All, Rainbow Connection, Pictures In My Head, Saying Goodbye, Something Better and I also plan to do the full, Fraggle, Muppet, and Sesame Street Themes, a selection of Fraggle songs, and Just One Person.

Now bandit, to answer your question, I am trying to capture the spirit of Fraggle Rock. Are there any other songs that I should include parts of that I am forgetting?

bandit

Reaction score
Wow! You really do have a great mix in there. Let me just say, I'm really glad you have Lost and Found in there. That's a really great song that all 5 of them jumped in to sing. It has the right energy and spirit and silliness and heart to make it a worthy choice. Definitely I like Pass it On. You could always do the Fraggle Medley on its own but that could get a little intricate. How about the Lost Treasure of the Fraggles music? That's sort of a sweet one.

But really, with the inclusion of the ones you mentioned, you have a good variety of songs. I love Pukka Pukka! Honestly, make sure you keep Pukka Pukka and Lost and Found no matter what you do because then you have a good balance of songs.

The only other suggestion would be that if you were to take out one of the sweet ones and include something else, add Sail Away because it's just such a beautiful song.

Otherwise, you've got a great mix there.

Wow...I think I just rambled on about the greatness of your musical choices without really adding anything to this conversation. Spoken like a true fan. 9.9;

PanthraDion

Reaction score
Sail Away!! I just knew that I was forgetting a good song. Well then, I will also do part of Sail Away.:embarrassed::oops: Oh, and also add part of Follow Me to the Fraggle songs.

Slackbot

Reaction score
Hmmm... I think Face Facts, Act Fast, Pack Snacks is a good song for the Fraggle spirit. It's all about going for whatever you've set your sights on and having a good time while doing it. And Follow Me is practically a given.