Q&A/Info: The Creature Calamity Club

Hubert

Reaction score
I actually want to say this regarding registration: You don't have to post everyday. This is a fun thing, so if you can only post every couple days, that is fine. You never have to feel obligated to post on this.

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
I do want to clarify something important that will prevent people from being disappointed when they finally figure out what is going on.

This is NOT something that is crazy and nonsensical. It is not the Crazy thread and it is not Mopfam. Please, try to post things that make sense. While we don't care if people act crazy when nothing important is happening, when we are in the middle of a "plot" where something is actually happening, such as a fight or we are sneaking into somewhere to save someone, it kind of kills the mood.

It is extremely difficult for this type of rp to continue when someone posts something that is really random and completely out there. We play off of each other. We are essentially writing a story with each other.

So, if all you want to do is post something insane and wacky, this is probably not the best game for you.

Also, when considering your monster, try to be creative. We also are saying "no" to people who want shapeshifting to be their power. It unbalances the game when you can be anything you want and honestly, its not very creative. Now, if you are a monster who can shapeshift into one or two other things, thats fine. For example, I can shapeshift between human, demon, and bat form. We just don't want people who can be anything under the sun.

We encourage people to be different monsters than what we already have. You can make up a monster if you want or you can fish around and see what kinds of monsters are out there. You can still have powers that your monster doesn't normally have. Its ok to "discover" new powers, but keep them somewhat logical that would fit with your monster.

and PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE pm one of us before you start posting. Tell us what you are and your powers. Do not be offended if we say no to something. We are just currently already having issues with people being overpowered. We may take some time to discuss something before we give you an answer, but we will get to it. I'm online a lot. If you really want a quick answer, you can pm me.

Bannanasketch

Reaction score
I do want to clarify something important that will prevent people from being disappointed when they finally figure out what is going on.

This is NOT something that is crazy and nonsensical. It is not the Crazy thread and it is not Mopfam. Please, try to post things that make sense. While we don't care if people act crazy when nothing important is happening, when we are in the middle of a "plot" where something is actually happening, such as a fight or we are sneaking into somewhere to save someone, it kind of kills the mood.

It is extremely difficult for this type of rp to continue when someone posts something that is really random and completely out there. We play off of each other. We are essentially writing a story with each other.

So, if all you want to do is post something insane and wacky, this is probably not the best game for you.

Also, when considering your monster, try to be creative. We also are saying "no" to people who want shapeshifting to be their power. It unbalances the game when you can be anything you want and honestly, its not very creative. Now, if you are a monster who can shapeshift into one or two other things, thats fine. For example, I can shapeshift between human, demon, and bat form. We just don't want people who can be anything under the sun.

We encourage people to be different monsters than what we already have. You can make up a monster if you want or you can fish around and see what kinds of monsters are out there. You can still have powers that your monster doesn't normally have. Its ok to "discover" new powers, but keep them somewhat logical that would fit with your monster.

and PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE pm one of us before you start posting. Tell us what you are and your powers. Do not be offended if we say no to something. We are just currently already having issues with people being overpowered. We may take some time to discuss something before we give you an answer, but we will get to it. I'm online a lot. If you really want a quick answer, you can pm me.
In other words, don't do what I did. :wink:

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
Well, you did help pinpoint something that really needed to be addressed :wink:

Vincent L

Reaction score
You say that like I should be banished from the game.

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
But you can only change into animals and muppets :stick_out_tongue: Thats not really unfair because you have some kind of boundary, but to prevent people from being totally overpowered (there's too many overpowered people as it is), no more shapeshifters. It opens up too many loopholes.