We Bought It on Monday

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Er, was that meant to be part of III? Or twas it Ch IV instead?

Mmm, pizza. Wha? Me hungry. And here we have some nice fic to tide us over till dinnertime.
The intrigue gets better and better as all now realize that Scooter bought the theater from Kermit to keep it in the family.

So what's up next? We Need Update on a Monday.

WebMistressGina

Reaction score
Er, was that meant to be part of III? Or twas it Ch IV instead?
That was part of three. Sorry, had meant to say that and kinda forgot. But four will be up once I arrive home and do some stuff.

So what's up next? We Need Update on a Monday.
Well, for your segment 4 on a Monday, you'll learn why Scooter bought the studios or rather, why he bought the studios back and tempers start to flare!

WebMistressGina

Reaction score
As promised - and only about five hours behind schedule - here's the first part of segment 4. Meant to state that above part is the continuation of part 3.

IV.

“I sold the studios back to you,” Kermit corrected.

“Doesn’t matter,” the assistant muttered, sliding out of his seat and standing next to Kermit. To anyone else, it may have looked like a show of solidarity, but in reality Scooter was seriously afraid that Gonzo, Piggy, and Rowlf were going to kill him and that Fozzie wasn’t going to stop them, either by being mowed over by the trio or that he’d actually consent in holding the younger Muppet down to prevent his escape.

“You remember when my uncle died?” he stated, receiving a few nods. “Well, as his only living relative, I became his heir and he basically left everything to me. His businesses, the house, and…the lot where Muppet Theatre sits.”

“Which of course,” Kermit added. “Encompasses what is Muppet Studios.”

“You told us that JP Grosse gave us the theatre,” Fozzie said, a look of unbelievability on his face.

“Yeah,” Kermit chuckled nervously, running a hand over his neck. “Well…not exactly. JP didn’t…give us Muppet Theatre.”

“I did,” Scooter continued. “I gave the theatre and the lot to you guys. I told Kermit to tell you that my uncle put it in his will, so…you know, the less known the better. And…I wasn’t going to be around that much and…besides, why wouldn’t I just hand it over? I love you guys. And I trusted Kermit to handle everything the way we had always done because I knew he wouldn’t do something stupid or insane. Ironically enough…”

All the heartfelt feeling that Scooter had in his initial decision to turn over Muppet Studios to the one person he thought would be capable to keeping it afloat petered out once he realized Kermit had done the exact opposite of what he expected him to.

This news that the two of them were sharing did nothing to calm the feelings of hurt that the other four currently felt. To learn that Kermit had made such a huge gamble, which nearly cost them the studios in the first place and then to discover that he and Scooter had basically sold the studio without even a vote on the matter, combined with the fact that what they had previously known about how they got in possession of the studios in the first place was becoming a difficult pill to swallow.

“So where does this leave us?” Rowlf asked, quietly.

“Uncle John put a proviso in his will that states that should I ever sell one of the companies he owned, that if I thought they were going under or if the owners came to me because they thought they were going under, I could buy back the business and regain complete control. And…that’s what Kermit did. In this instance.”

“So other than ruining our lunch,” Gonzo whined. “And possibly dinner, is there a reason why we’re here?”

It should have been clear from the beginning, from the very moment that they all sat down together, this was not going to be a friendly meeting; there was already tension from the first announcement Kermit had made and tempers were obviously flaring. Scooter couldn’t say that he wasn’t annoyed by Gonzo’s flippant attitude; he could understand that the group had felt betrayed by this, but he would have at least thought they’d give them a chance.

“Oh, I’m sorry, Gonzo,” he responded, sarcastically. “Did you have something planned today? Because surely dipping yourself into a vat of mustard is more important than this!”

“Hey, knock it off, Scooter,” Rowlf chastised. “You’re the last person here who should be in a snit over this.”

“Oh!” the red head cried, turning on the piano playing pup. “Like I’m oh so happy about this! Because certainly that’s what I was looking forward to when I came back;” Rounding back on Kermit, he continued with, “Nothing thrills me more than to learn that one of the people I look up to the most nearly bankrupted my company!”

“Alright, knock it off!” the diva commanded and when Piggy gave a command, you generally listened. “Kermit, you and Andrew obviously had more than reason to gather us all here and I’m going to assume it wasn’t just to tell us that, oh, you’ve been lying to us about a great many things for several years it seems, so why don’t you just get to the point before someone – namely, the two of you – find yourselves chopped through the kitchen wall.”

“I want to split the company into six,” Scooter replied. “I want to give you guys your own share.”

“How does that help?’ asked Fozzie.

“Well, obviously,” Scooter sneered at his frog boss. “One person can’t handle everything that goes with having a company. So…if we split it up into six equal shares, everyone gets a say in any major thing we do, from production to financial liabilities. And no one can do anything without the agreement of the other five.”

Kermit stifled an indignant huff. That was rather harsh and coming from Scooter made it all the worse; it wasn’t as if he had been sitting in his office or at home all these years, cackling madly and plotting the downfall of the Muppets. Why would they even begin to think that?

He wasn’t sure what hurt more – the fact that they thought he had planned this or that they honestly thought they couldn’t trust him anymore.

“You’re just gonna give them to us?” Fozzie asked. Honestly, he was a little uncomfortable about this whole thing. If Scooter couldn’t trust Kermit to do this, why in the world would put the comic on the plate along with him?

“I’d like to buy mine,” Gonzo stated, sitting back and crossing his arms over his chest. “Heck, I’ll buy Fozzie’s too.” At the bear’s look, the stuntman winked at him. “For all those birthdays and holidays I missed. Besides, this way, in case something like this happens again, I can pull out before I’ve done any real damage.”

“Done that before, have you?”

“Really?” Gonzo growled. “Really Piggy?”

She knew that was rather below the belt and she knew somewhere Gonzo knew it too; she was being petty, but until she could get the frog to herself, she’d have to take aim at the easiest targets and Gonzo was the easiest when he got all cocky like that.

“I’d like to buy mine too,” she said, copying Gonzo’s relaxed state. “And Rowlfie’s; to make up for that unfortunate incident with the vet.”

“Oh yeah,” the dog muttered. “Had forgotten about that.”

“And the frog’s.”

“Could’ve mentioned me first,” Kermit groused.

“After you put us here to being with?” Rowlf countered.

“How soon could we get this done?” the comic asked.

“I’ve already talked to our lawyer,” Scooter whispered. “He’s out of town until Wednesday, but he’d be able to have the paperwork ready to go by the end of the week. We can go in next week and sign it.”

The group was silent then, each contemplating what this new course would mean. Certainly, they all had their own inputs in what the Muppets were doing and where they were going, but this was making it official and they were doing it on the back of their leader’s mistake.

The frog sighed. He wasn’t sure if there was anything he could possibly do that would change their opinion of him. “I’m really sorry, you guys,” he whispered.

In times past, he would’ve expected the quiet, “don’t worry about it” or a good pep talk about how he wasn’t to do it again, but this wasn’t times past. This was the time now and the time now showed that he had overstepped his bounds this time.

“I gotta get home,” Gonzo muttered, sliding out with Rowlf quick behind him.

“Well,” Fozzie replied, also sliding out from the booth. “I’ve had a perfectly lovely time. Too bad this wasn’t it.”

The group made their way to the door, where Kermit made more plea for forgiveness.

“We know!” was Rowlf’s response, who didn’t bother to look back. Fozzie gave him a rather sad and disappointed glare, while Scooter tried to avoid eye contact with everyone.

“You should be thanking Camilla, Kermit,” Gonzo replied, patting the frog on the shoulder as he headed out.

“Oh? Why’s that?”

The performance artist smiled at him, but it wasn’t reaching his eyes and it was more like the maniacal gleam he got whenever a dangerous idea had entered his mind.

“Because she’s the only thing keeping me from killing you.”

“And certainly not our years of friendship,” Kermit joked.

Gonzo looked at him. “No.”

“Yeah, well,” Kermit countered or tried to. The prospect of Gonzo killing him wasn’t sitting well with him. “I’m sure Piggy would stop you. Wouldn’t you, darlin’?”

Both the pig and the whatever looked at Kermit before looking at each other and then back at the frog. “Yeah, right,” the weirdo smirked, taking his leave like the others.

When it was just two, the frog looked at the diva as she stood by the door. If anyone was going to hurt him out of this, it was going to be her and he could think of a million and one ways in which she could do it.

“Are you mad?”

“Mad?” she asked. She had been leaning against the door, but was now steadily making her way towards him, causing him to gulp. “No. No, I’m not mad.”

“Oh.”

“I’m furious.”

“Ah huh.”

“In fact,” she continued. “I believe I have reached a new state of anger. See how calm I am?” Kermit nodded. “I haven’t decided if I’m going to kiss and hug or strangle you.”

“I…I would much rather prefer that kissing and hugging thing.”

“Oh I’m sure you would,” she said. Looking at him, she could clearly see that this was weighing on him more than he maybe led the others to believe. “Kermit, you are the most responsible person I know.”

“I know.”

“So you can imagine the complete and utter disbelief I have when I hear what I’ve heard today.”

“I know.”

“Seriously, what in heavens were you thinking?”

Kermit threw himself in the arm chair behind him; suddenly standing seemed to take too much out of him. “I was thinking work would keep us together,” he admitted. “Not just us, but everyone. It was a dumb idea then and it’s a dumb idea now, I know that.”

Sighing, Piggy shook her head at him. “Your heart was in the right place,” she said, delivering a kiss to the top of his head. “But I have no idea where your head was.” That was ended by a slap against the back of his head.

He of course winced, moving a hand to rub the sting away. Watching her sit across from him on the couch, he retorted, “I’m sure you’ve thought up a few places.”

“Of course I have.”

Once the sting from her hit had died down to a throb, Kermit couldn’t help but look at her earnestly. “Piggy, what am I’m gonna do?”

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Since this is half a chapter, I'm reserving comment until the other part gets posted. But me likes what's been jotted down so far. Equal shares for equal members of the Sensational Six.
:baty: Wha?
Hey, if Disney can get away with that for the group of both their mice and duck couples plus both dogman and dog pet, then we can use it for the team of founders here in Gina's ficverse.

Okay, I'm done. Night.

WebMistressGina

Reaction score
So I am in some pain after having my first wisdom tooth removed. Not only did I miss work completely - I wasn't supposed to - but I've got a bad feeling in my wallet that the Nexus 7 I wanted so badly will be ripped from me. Alas. But, I can at least look forward to a new phone - 23 more days :smile:! So here is our conclusion to segment 4 from above.

“Sweetie, we’ve already found a solution to that problem.”

“Oh yeah,” the frog huffed. “I could see the joy on everyone’s faces at that.”

“Oh Kermit, come on!” she challenged. “Do you seriously think we’re all mad about the fact that Scooter now owns Muppet Studios? We’re not stupid! Of course we knew he’d have some part of the place; he was JP’s nephew, after all.

“And Moi could see some leniency in this whole ‘three week production’ fiasco that you invited us here for in the first place,” she continued. “No one would ever accuse you of not doing everything you could to keep the Muppets alive and well.”

“Well Piggy, you got me,” he admitted. “I have no idea then why five of my closest friends want to serve my head on a platter.”

“Are you serious?”

“Yes, I’m serious.”

“Kermit,” she growled. “It is not the fact that these things have been done, it is the fact that you did them without telling us! You have always said that we were in this together and yet, time and time again, you manage to do the complete opposite of what you intend to do.

“You and Scooter were perfectly fine and set to sell the studios without even considering what we all had to do in order to get them back.”

“You know I never asked to be the leader here…”

“Well, you are and with great power comes great responsibility.”

“Yeah, well absolute power corrupts absolutely.”

“What?” she asked. “You’re running a Ponzi scheme now? Insider trading?”

“Oh Piggy, come on!” he grumbled, hopping up from the chair and heading into the kitchen. If Kermit the Frog thought he’d get some peace and quiet, he’d forgotten who he lived with.

Arguments never just went away between the two – both had a stubborn streak miles long and neither was satisfied unless they had the last word. And right now, Piggy was going to have the last word.

“Hey!” she cried, standing and following him. “Don’t walk away from me when I’m having an argument with you.”

Looking for anything he could do that wouldn’t require him to actively have this argument, Kermit started to put away pizza slices and plates. “You can look as busy as you want,” she continued. “Moi’s still talking to you.”

“Don’t I know it,” the frog muttered. “You aren’t planning on stopping either, short of putting an apple in your mouth.”

“What?”

In times past, he may have followed that up with an even snarkier response, but today he just wasn’t feeling up to it. Picking up the slices he planned on saving, he opened the refrigerator door, and placed them in; closing, he leaned forward, letting his forehead touch the cool metal that made up the door.

“Sorry,” he whispered. “You know I didn’t mean that.”

“I would certainly hope not.”

Kermit sighed before turning around and leaning against the fridge. “No one’s mad about what I did?” he asked.

“I didn’t say that,” she corrected, leaning against their kitchen island. “I said that I’m sure we could find some leniency in it. You gotta stop doing this.”

“What?”

“These little decisions that would be best served if some of us were aware of them,” she said. “That’s what we’re upset about.”

“An effective leader knows when not to say certain things to the troops,” he shot back.

“An effective leader knows when he needs the help of those troops,” she countered.

“What was I supposed to do, Piggy?” he asked, pushing himself off and copying her stance at the opposite side of the island. “You can’t call in troops when they aren’t around. And who exactly was I going to call? Gonzo? I had no idea where he was until 80s robot found him. Fozzie? For all I knew, he had been making a name for himself on the comic circuit.

“You? You didn’t bother telling me you had left, let alone where you were.”

“Kermit…”

“I’m not blaming you for that,” he whispered. “Believe me, I’m sure I deserve more than you’ve given me. I let you guys down and I’m sorry; this…this was the only thing I could think of that could make up for it. Selling the studios back to Scooter was right, even if he was reluctant to do so.”

“This was your idea?”

“Of course it was,” he stated. “Scooter hadn’t wanted the studios when he got them, that’s why he gave them to us. You know he’s never wanted to be in business, but we know how good he is at it. Besides, he had been thinking about going back to school and then the Google thing…it was his idea to split it up however. I can’t fault him for that, even if it does sting a little.”

“What?” she asked. “That he doesn’t trust you to do this?”

“Yeah.”

“Kermit, would you trust you after this?”

As much as Kermit desparately wanted to argue the point, he couldn’t. “No,” he whispered. Shaking his head, he gave a much firmer, “No.”

He looked at her seriously for a moment before asking, “There’s nothing I can do to make this up, is there?”

The diva huffed before going around the island to his position. “Don’t be so dramatic,” she said. “Wanna know how to make this up? Simple; first, call up Camilla and ensure that she can keep Gonzo from killing you because I really think he means it this time and he might get Rowlf to help him, so I think it best to make the next show a very heavy Rowlf feature, if you get my drift.”

“Right.”

“Next,” she continued. “Call Fozzie and invite him to that ice cream place he’s in love with. You know he loves his sweets; you should talk to him about that, don’t want him to get addicted or something. Scooter…let me handle Scooter. Gifts from you may seem cheap and like you’re trying to buy his love; gifts from me means Moi is just that awesome.”

“And you?”

“What about me?”

“What do I need to do to get you to trust me again?”

She instantly knew he wasn’t just talking about this incident, but the very thing that had caused her to leave in the first place. “Well Frog,” she said, grabbing his chin in her hand. “Lucky for you, you’ve got a tab going.”

She dropped a rather lengthy kiss on his lips before heading off, assumedly towards their bedroom, shouting behind her, “Call Camilla first!”

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Yay! Bad for your wisdom tooth, but at least you'll get some caching from the Tooth Fairy. Haven't had mine pulled yet, dunno if I will or stay as won't. That reminds me, gotta make an appointment for routine cleaning soon. And get a new mattress.

This second half equals awesome on every level and story angle. C'mon Kerm, call :cluck: to restrain a mad rooster of a weirdo.
Ice cream shop? Which one? Saw one in Denver that specializes in strange flavors like Horse Radish and Split Pea Soup and Pinapple Habanero. As far as ice cream shops I love/would love to go to, I've got the Creole Creamery in New Orleans which makes specialized New Orleansean flavors.
Bet a Rowlf-centric show episode would be rockin' with multiple Vet's Hospital sketches and music numbers with and without the guest star.
If you want to make it right with Scooter, then arrange a good date for him and Amanda, yeah, you know what I mean you author you!

*Reads on to the ending. *Chuckles at the nice phrase, Kerm's got a tab running with Piggy.
Hello Nurse!
Good night everybody.
What, no lesson from the Wheel of Morality?
Nah, we got rid of that thing after the first season or so.
*Closes coffin lid with a clang.

WebMistressGina

Reaction score
Lo peoples! Sorry the lateness in this, I just could not for the life of me decide on an appropriate place for this next segment and then it occurred to me this morning that it wasn't the place that was important, but the dialogue, so here's secret meeting.

On a Monday. LOL

V.

“I can’t believe this.”

“I know. Kermit’s the most responsible person; I don’t get why he would do this.”

“Well, you know he hasn’t really been right since Henson died.”

“Dude, Gonzo, that’s a horrible thing to say!”

“It’s true though! I mean, you were close to him too, but he really did threat that guy like a mentor of sorts, didn’t he? I mean, I’m not faulting the guy for doing so, I’m just saying that when Henson died, it was like…”

“Like Kermit died too.”

“Don’t say that!”

“It’s just an expression , buddy. Rowlf doesn’t mean it the way you think.”

“Right, Foz. I only mean that, you know…”

“You haven’t exactly been a ray of sunshine yourself, puppy dog.”

“Hey, I will admit that Jim’s death was hard on me too. But in my defense, I also never kept a company of over a hundred people on staff for three weeks for a movie that was scrapped.”

“Kermit feels really bad about this, I’m sure.”

“Sure he does.”

“Of course he does. Speaking of…”

“Yeah, I know. She’s usually never this late.”

“Sorry! Sorry, I had a couple of errands to run.”

“We were just talking about you.”

“All good, I hope.”

“Please, you’d kill us if you ever heard what we really say about you.”

“Aw, Gonzo, that was almost sweet enough to make me not hurt you today.”

“And then I went and ruined it.”

“Hey Piggy, is…is Kermit okay?”

“He’s worried.”

“Really. I wouldn’t have guessed. Yes, Fozzie, Kermie’s fine. He of course feels horrible about this, as he should. By the way, expect to be compensated in this new round, compliments of Moi.”

“Thanks, Piggy.”

“Thanks, Princess.”

“Camilla told me he called and begged her not to let me kill him. I of course told her that I would consider it.”

“You are not to touch the frog, Gonzo. I mean it. Any bodily harm he suffers is going to come from me, not you.”

“Fine.”

“Oh honestly, get over yourself! Are you really that upset?”

“Yes, actually! I really am that upset. And you can’t sit there and tell us that you aren’t angry too.”

“I’m not going to say that. I’m upset about this as you are, however I know what I’m upset about.”

“We’re upset about two different things?”

“Lay it on us, Princess. What’re we really upset about?”

“This has nothing to do with Kermit keeping us on for three weeks and potentially bankrupting the studios.”

“It’s not?”

“Moi is talking, Bear. No, it’s not; this is about the fact that we’re all thinking one thing – Kermit doesn’t trust us.”

“I can see that.”

“Of course he doesn’t trust us! If he trusted us, he would’ve told us about this from the very beginning! I thought we were his closest friends!”

“What exactly was he supposed to do, Gonzo?”

“Oh, gee, I don’t know, Piggy! Maybe find out where we were! Ask for help! The door is wide open in that aspect.”

“Again, how was he supposed to do that?”

“Are you serious? Do you know how easy it was to find everyone with that stupid 80’s bot of his? It was all like five minutes! You’re telling me that he couldn’t spare all of fifteen minutes to look me up? To look up Fozzie? You?”

“Gonzo’s got a point.”

“Et tu, Rowlfie?”

“Hey, I agree with you too, but I’m just as upset. I know Kermit does everything he can to keep the Muppets on the up and up and I’ve seen him break his back to make sure every little T gets crossed and all the Is are dotted, but along with that he goes back and forth between being the best guy you can count on to being just our boss who hands out paychecks.”

“No one ever said it was easy being the boss.”

“Exactly my point. Look, let’s be honest here – Kermit’s never wanted this job and we all but thrusted it on him and whether he likes it or not, he’s good at it. And, if I do say so myself, he also managed to pick the best people to have his back in the case that everything were to fall apart. And when everything did fall apart, things didn’t get easy for him. The movie he had been so proud of gets canned, his girl leaves him, and those who are supposedly his best friends up and leave him too.

“Am I mad at Kermit for what he did? Of course I am, but we’re exactly an innocent party here either.”

“So what do we do?”

“What can we do?”

“We take Scooter and Kermit up on their offer.”

“You mean buy a share in the studios?”

“Right. C’mon, can the three of you look me in the face and tell me that was a horrible idea on their part? If we think Kermit hates being the leader, Scooter is way more anti-business than we give him credit for.”

“But he’s good at it.”

“So is Kermit at being a leader, but it doesn’t mean they like it. Heck Gonzo, I heard you’re actually a pretty good plumber, however I don’t see you driving around fixing pipes and drains and stuff.”

“That’s what I had minions for.”

“So we’re decided then?”

“Pretty much.”

“Think we should tell them right now?”

“No way. Let ‘em sweat it out for a while. The frog really thinks you’re coming to kill him and I am the only thing that could possible save him.”

“That true?”

“Well, I think we all know I could a lot more damage to him than you could.”

“I’ll concede to that.”

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Nice, nice rendezvous between the other players in this piece. Very much like Piggy laying down the law, but more than that, laying down exactly why the law has to be so or why they're really mad/upset with the frog. And I think this story makes a nice segway to Six Ball, should that ball ever get rolling.
:embarrassed: Aaah!

So, more please? Or are you too high in the clouds from your anti-biotics at the moment to come back down to us here on Planet Fic? :stick_out_tongue:
*Sends up 99 balloons to retrieve Gina, one of them's bound to get her back. Unless she decides to plummet like the weirdo did in that one movie. Or she gets thrown out of the cargo hold instead.

Twisted Tails

Reaction score
Lo peoples! Sorry the lateness in this, I just could not for the life of me decide on an appropriate place for this next segment and then it occurred to me this morning that it wasn't the place that was important, but the dialogue, so here's secret meeting.

On a Monday. LOL

V.

“I can’t believe this.”

“I know. Kermit’s the most responsible person; I don’t get why he would do this.”

“Well, you know he hasn’t really been right since Henson died.”

“Dude, Gonzo, that’s a horrible thing to say!”

“It’s true though! I mean, you were close to him too, but he really did threat that guy like a mentor of sorts, didn’t he? I mean, I’m not faulting the guy for doing so, I’m just saying that when Henson died, it was like…”

“Like Kermit died too.”

“Don’t say that!”

“It’s just an expression , buddy. Rowlf doesn’t mean it the way you think.”

“Right, Foz. I only mean that, you know…”

“You haven’t exactly been a ray of sunshine yourself, puppy dog.”

“Hey, I will admit that Jim’s death was hard on me too. But in my defense, I also never kept a company of over a hundred people on staff for three weeks for a movie that was scrapped.”

“Kermit feels really bad about this, I’m sure.”

“Sure he does.”

“Of course he does. Speaking of…”

“Yeah, I know. She’s usually never this late.”

“Sorry! Sorry, I had a couple of errands to run.”

“We were just talking about you.”

“All good, I hope.”

“Please, you’d kill us if you ever heard what we really say about you.”

“Aw, Gonzo, that was almost sweet enough to make me not hurt you today.”

“And then I went and ruined it.”

“Hey Piggy, is…is Kermit okay?”

“He’s worried.”

“Really. I wouldn’t have guessed. Yes, Fozzie, Kermie’s fine. He of course feels horrible about this, as he should. By the way, expect to be compensated in this new round, compliments of Moi.”

“Thanks, Piggy.”

“Thanks, Princess.”

“Camilla told me he called and begged her not to let me kill him. I of course told her that I would consider it.”

“You are not to touch the frog, Gonzo. I mean it. Any bodily harm he suffers is going to come from me, not you.”

“Fine.”

“Oh honestly, get over yourself! Are you really that upset?”

“Yes, actually! I really am that upset. And you can’t sit there and tell us that you aren’t angry too.”

“I’m not going to say that. I’m upset about this as you are, however I know what I’m upset about.”

“We’re upset about two different things?”

“Lay it on us, Princess. What’re we really upset about?”

“This has nothing to do with Kermit keeping us on for three weeks and potentially bankrupting the studios.”

“It’s not?”

“Moi is talking, Bear. No, it’s not; this is about the fact that we’re all thinking one thing – Kermit doesn’t trust us.”

“I can see that.”

“Of course he doesn’t trust us! If he trusted us, he would’ve told us about this from the very beginning! I thought we were his closest friends!”

“What exactly was he supposed to do, Gonzo?”

“Oh, gee, I don’t know, Piggy! Maybe find out where we were! Ask for help! The door is wide open in that aspect.”

“Again, how was he supposed to do that?”

“Are you serious? Do you know how easy it was to find everyone with that stupid 80’s bot of his? It was all like five minutes! You’re telling me that he couldn’t spare all of fifteen minutes to look me up? To look up Fozzie? You?”

“Gonzo’s got a point.”

“Et tu, Rowlfie?”

“Hey, I agree with you too, but I’m just as upset. I know Kermit does everything he can to keep the Muppets on the up and up and I’ve seen him break his back to make sure every little T gets crossed and all the Is are dotted, but along with that he goes back and forth between being the best guy you can count on to being just our boss who hands out paychecks.”

“No one ever said it was easy being the boss.”

“Exactly my point. Look, let’s be honest here – Kermit’s never wanted this job and we all but thrusted it on him and whether he likes it or not, he’s good at it. And, if I do say so myself, he also managed to pick the best people to have his back in the case that everything were to fall apart. And when everything did fall apart, things didn’t get easy for him. The movie he had been so proud of gets canned, his girl leaves him, and those who are supposedly his best friends up and leave him too.

“Am I mad at Kermit for what he did? Of course I am, but we’re exactly an innocent party here either.”

“So what do we do?”

“What can we do?”

“We take Scooter and Kermit up on their offer.”

“You mean buy a share in the studios?”

“Right. C’mon, can the three of you look me in the face and tell me that was a horrible idea on their part? If we think Kermit hates being the leader, Scooter is way more anti-business than we give him credit for.”

“But he’s good at it.”

“So is Kermit at being a leader, but it doesn’t mean they like it. Heck Gonzo, I heard you’re actually a pretty good plumber, however I don’t see you driving around fixing pipes and drains and stuff.”

“That’s what I had minions for.”

“So we’re decided then?”

“Pretty much.”

“Think we should tell them right now?”

“No way. Let ‘em sweat it out for a while. The frog really thinks you’re coming to kill him and I am the only thing that could possible save him.”

“That true?”

“Well, I think we all know I could a lot more damage to him than you could.”

“I’ll concede to that.”
Wow Gina! I had a feeling that Jim's passing was hard to Kermit, but it did take him one flipperstep at a time to get back to the top.

WebMistressGina

Reaction score
Nice, nice rendezvous between the other players in this piece. Very much like Piggy laying down the law, but more than that, laying down exactly why the law has to be so or why they're really mad/upset with the frog. And I think this story makes a nice segway to Six Ball, should that ball ever get rolling.
:embarrassed: Aaah!
You obviously did not get the memo that I have indeed started 6 Ball and posted prologue and chapter 1. how sad, as I did it for you. I do it all for you, Mulder!

Glad that you could follow along with everyone. There was the thought that I should put in some comments or directions, but then figured if I did it right, everyone would know who was speaking to whom at any given point.

So, more please? Or are you too high in the clouds from your anti-biotics at the moment to come back down to us here on Planet Fic? :stick_out_tongue:
*Sends up 99 balloons to retrieve Gina, one of them's bound to get her back. Unless she decides to plummet like the weirdo did in that one movie. Or she gets thrown out of the cargo hold instead.
The drugs make me feel better so there. However, I fully admit that I miss solid foods like crazy. I'm hoping a clean bill of health come Tuesday and then...oh, it's sushi! And then Subway! And then maybe pizza, I don't know yet.