Favorite version of The Rainbow Connection

What's your favorite version of The Rainbow Connection?

• The Original by Kermit the Frog

Votes: 24 75.0%
  • The version in The Muppets

Votes: 9 28.1%
  • Kermit with Debbie Harry

Votes: 2 6.3%
  • The Carpenters

Votes: 3 9.4%
  • Justin Timberlake

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Willie Nelson

• Kenny Loggins

• Sarah McLachlan

Votes: 1 3.1%
  • Darren Criss

• Judy Collins

• Me First And The Gimme Gimmes

• Less Than Jake

• Peter Cincotti

• Weezer and Hayley Williams

• Other…

• Total voters

Hubert

Reaction score
I just have to say that I rully, rully fail to understand how people can vote anything other than the original one...or I can maybe give you the stretch of the new Muppet version. But just how the other non-Muppet versions put up any votes is beyond me...I mean, the Rainbow Connection is the most intimate song, and Jim Henson displayed that magic so well...it's like a perfect Muppet moment.

Oscarfan

Reaction score
I couldn't choose. They all are great in their own ways. I like the big finish from the new movie's version. I also love portion of the "Jim Henson's Musical World" performance when the choir does background "ahhs" during the last verse.

Twisted Tails

Reaction score
Sorry but no one can touch the original version the way it was meant to be heard and that's Jim Henson's version. I always cry no matter how many times Ive listened to it. With all due respect to Steve because I love his version too. I cried when he sang it in the movie as well. But nothing will top Jim's version. Call me a snob but I ONLY wanna hear Rainbow Connection sung by Kermit. When Kermit sings it it literally moves me to tears NONE of the other versions have done that for me. And that's my opinion on the matter. Not that it's important or anything. Lol.
You know what? I agree, because I am glad I got the original one by Kermit from Muppet Musicque a year or two ago before it went down.

To be honest, I love that song! Jim was extremely the one who believed that rainbows could have connections. I mean my gosh! Sooner or later, I am burning the Muppet Movie album to a Cd. So, for both of us, the top of the list is the original one performed by Kermit from Mr. Jim Henson. Gosh, I really still miss him so much.

Pinkflower7783

Reaction score
You know what? I agree, because I am glad I got the original one by Kermit from Muppet Musicque a year or two ago before it went down.

To be honest, I love that song! Jim was extremely the one who believed that rainbows could have connections. I mean my gosh! Sooner or later, I am burning the Muppet Movie album to a Cd. So, for both of us, the top of the list is the original one performed by Kermit from Mr. Jim Henson. Gosh, I really still miss him so much.
Hard to believe he would've been 76 next month had he lived. :frown:

FrackleFan2012

Reaction score
I love the one in The Muppets version, as well as the one from The Muppets: A Celebration of Thirty Years. :smile::mad::fanatic:

Scooterforever

Reaction score
You can't beat the original, and it was such an iconic scene in the 1st Muppet Movie.

animalrescuer

Reaction score
My favorite versions of the song are the original one from The Muppet Movie, also the one with all the Muppets on A Celebration of 30 Years at the end of the special.I do like The Carpenters version a lot, too. I made a Jim Henson tribute with that version of the song, but I have yet to upload it someday.

animalrescuer

Reaction score
I should mention that there is a verson with Paul Williams singing the song as a duet with Willie Nelson on his album, I'm Going to go Back There Someday. I encourage everyone to check it out on iTunes!