Posting an image?

Tom Fraggle

Reaction score
Anyone know how to post an image on these forums? I've tried, but all I get is the "IMG" box. Insert/edit Image doesn't work, it asks for a URL, but still nothing displays. I've heard you can embed a picture here, but all I see is HTML coding on the page when I try that.

Can anyone give me any pointers on how to post an image on Muppet Forums? I'm sure I'm just not doing something right because everyone else is posting with no issues and any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
You click the little icon above your text box that looks like a little tree, you'll receive a little pop up with a text bar where you can add or paste the URL of the image you want to post, click "Insert", and it will insert the picture into the post for you.

Make sure the URL is working, and that you're not trying to insert an image directly from your hard-drive or anything.

Tom Fraggle

Reaction score
Thanks for your response. That's what I thought I was doing or trying to do. I've clicked on the little tree icon, have copy/pasted URL, and when I insert, all that appears is the "img" box. hmmm.. do I put the http in it? I think I've done it with and without. I'll try again.

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
If you are using an image from an image host like photobucket or imageshack, make sure you use the direct link.

Vincent L

Reaction score
I think I got it. Right click on "Download Image" and select "Copy Link". That one should do,

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
That is your problem. You are using the link that links to the page, not the image. You will need to upload the image to an actual image host. I don't think you can hotlink from deviantart

Vincent L

Reaction score
Testing:

So my method does work.

(Nice artwork, btw!)