Minor Muppetz' TMS outline: Cher

minor muppetz

Reaction score
This outline takes place in the fifht season.

Cold Opening/ Lobby
Pops asks Cher who she is. Cher is offended that he doens't know who see is. Pops then realizes who she is: Lucille Ball!

Introduction
Kermit says that he is proud to have Cher as tonights guest. Miss Piggy hears this and karate chops Kermit. Then she introduces the opening number.

Opening Number: Take Me Home
Cher sings in a disco setting, which consists of a disco ball, a black background, and a lot of lighting. She is joined by Sweetums, Timmy, and one of the Bossmen.

Balcony
Waldorf: That song gives a good message.
Statler: What's that?
Waldorf: Take me home.
(they both laugh hysterically)

Introduction
Annie Sue Pig tells the audience that Kermit has asked her to do the next introduction.

Song: It's Your Thing
Dr. Teeth and The Electric Mayhem perform.

Backstage
The Electric Mayhem greet Cher backstage. They exchange autographs, but Animal would much rather chase her around and yell, "WOMAN! WOMAN!" Miss Piggy sees this and wonders why Animal never chases her around. This prompts Animal to attempt to chase Piggy, but she karate chops him.

Muppet News
The Newsman reports that a lost ship has just been found after being missing for 29 years. The Newsman then reads that the son of the ships original owner is going to give it to the newsman as a present. The Newsman is delighted and asks, "Let me have it", and the ship falls on him from the sky.

Dressing Room
Miss Piggy talks to Cher, threatening her to stay away from her frog, and karate chops her in advance, "just in case".

UK Spot: Spirit in the Sky
The Ghosts from the Vincent Price episode sing while flying into the sky, in a cloudy setting.

Gong Hitting
Various muppets stand in line to hit a gong. First, Link does it, then Lew Zeland does it, then Lips does it, then Marvin Suggs does it, then Gonzo comes by and shoots the gong.

Dressing Room
Cher talks to Scooter about what a rough night it's been, being chased by Animal and karate chopped by Miss Piggy. She also complains about Kermit rejecting her requests for what she wanted to do on the show. Scooter akss her what she wanted to do, which promts her to sing "All I Really Want to Do", and they get joined by Louis Kazagger, Fozzie, Zeke, Rowlf, Rizzo, Annie Sue Pig, Pink Frackle, Droop, trumpet-nosed Fazoob, Male Koozebanian Creature, and Female Koozebanian Creature.

Veterinarian's Hospital
The patient is a penguin, who is feeling really cold everywhere he goes, even the dessert. Rowlf has one cure: jump in the fire place!

Backstage
Miss Piggy asks Kermit if he is going to send Cher home. Kermit says that he can't send Cher home because she is the guest. Miss Piggy karate chops Kermit again.

Introduction
Beauregard introduces the closing number.

Closing Number: Bang Bang (My Baby Shot me Down)
Cher sings on top of a balcony while one of Bobby Benson's babies takes a gun and keeps trying to shoot her down. Eventually, the baby shoots the balcony and Cher falls down, but the Baby was on one end of a see saw, which he balcony lands on, sending the baby flying into Statler and Waldorf's balcony. The Baby then keeps shooting at Cher for the rest of the number.

Balcony
Statler: (to the baby) Well, it looks like Cher shard the stage with you.
Waldorf: Cher always shares things because that's her name.
(Statler and Waldorf laugh. The Baby is not amused, so he hits them both with his gun)

Good Night
Cher says that she didn't have a good time. Kermit asks why, and then Miss Piggy karate chops both Kermit and Cher, Animal starts to attack her, and the baby starts shooting again. Gonzo, Beauregard, Annie Sue Pig, Gaffer, and Rizzo also appear in the good-nights.

Closing
For a special closing, the orchestra musicians keep getting shot while performing the closing theme, causing their notes to be a bit off-key.

after credits/ balcony
Statler and Waldorf congraduate the baby on a job well done.

After that, the baby shoots at Zoot when he blows his saxaphone. The ITC logo comes up, and the logo get's shot at by several gun shots.

MartyMuppets

Reaction score
Ah Sonny and Cher in their own individual outlines. Well done. Actually I've heard that Cher was once contracted to be a guest on the show but she never got to fulfill her contract.

As for my favourite parts: Muppet News with the falling ship, the baby shooting the gun (very darkish humour), and the running gag of Piggy chopping people.

:halo: is another character I'd never personally imaged as choppable. I would have thought Piggy chopping him would have only served to make him say "That's my kind of woman" and increase his approaches:big_grin:

Well done minor A most brilliant pair of outlines

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Bill Bubble Guy said:
Ah Sonny and Cher in their own individual outlines. Well done. Actually I've heard that Cher was once contracted to be a guest on the show but she never got to fulfill her contract.
Yes, Cher was originally booked as a season 5 guest star, which is one of the reasons why I had her outline be part of season 5. The other reason is because of my Sonny Bono outline being from the first season, trying to make it sort of a bookend (though I guess you could say that this outline is the reason I made Sonny's be part of the first season. I had wanted to do a Cher outline before I even thought of a Sonny Bono outline). As far as I know, Cher got replaced by Debbie Harry.

Bill Bubble Guy said:
:halo: is another character I'd never personally imaged as choppable. I would have thought Piggy chopping him would have only served to make him say "That's my kind of woman" and increase his approaches:big_grin:
Yeah, because of this, I don't think Piggy and Animal would have worked very well together, even if they had different performers. Of course, they could have had some scenes together in the first season, when Richard Hunt sometimes performed Piggy, and since Frank Oz basically stopped performing his characters, Animal has had a few different performers while Eric Jacopson has been the only one to perform Piggy (Animal has been performed by Eric Jacopson, John Kennedy, David Rudman, and I think Bill Barretta).

P

Philip Kippel

Well, Piggy did karate chop Animal in the At the Dance sketch in the Rich Little episode.

MartyMuppets

Reaction score
I hope I get to see that happen when Rich Little's episode is eventually released on DVD.

That'll be a remarkable sight to behold.

kathy26

Reaction score
can you do a transcript to this episode please?

minor muppetz

Reaction score
can you do a transcript to this episode please?
Maybe. I haven't transcribed very many of my outlines (and when I have, it's usually been the backstage plots and related scenes). I don't think I'll be able to transcribe the songs. When planning this, I looked up Cher on Wikipedia, looking for titles of some Cher songs that she didn't sing with Sonny Bono, and I don't know the lyrics to any of those songs.

Stan Davis

Reaction score
Who Perform these characters
The Ghosts
The Penguin in Vet's Hospital