Remembering Jerry Nelson (July 10, 1934-August 23, 2012)

Xerus

Reaction score
Jerry Nelson was a voice from my childhood. I could always recognize whenever he did a character with that jolly sounding voice of his. Before I heard of the name Jerry Nelson, I noticed that Robin and Gobo almost sounded alike. It was later when I learned about each Muppeteer, I found out who Jerry's characters were. May you rest in peace, Jerry. Thank you for giving us a long lifetime of talent.

Twisted Tails

Reaction score
I feel bad about Jerry's passing, but I do like seeing all the Robin avatars around the forum. And also all the fan art.
Now I finally have a good avatar.

First of all, Robin! My gosh not only is he cute, Jerry gave him the personally as a five year old frog with imagination. "Halfway Down the Stairs" was always my favorite and Jim's, but this song does make me cry sometimes.

Next, Floyd! Seriously, he is a cool Muppet rock star which I really love. I loved Jerry's laugh from his cool dude and he would always make me laugh.

Gobo! Who else would be a great explorer and downright smart sometimes? Okay maybe a little confused on math, but seriously I grew up with Fraggle Rock and I even had a crush on him when I was a little girl. When I got older, I realized that this character would be Jerry's last popular character even done.

Now he has passed on! There are not only one or two, but three lost souls who had the same man they could trust. So, they got each other.

He will be deeply missed! Thank you for encouraging me Vincent! Last week I thought really was a sad week. (sighs!)

Pinkflower7783

Reaction score
I am sorry for your lost, I know how it feels to lose someone close to you.
I wasn't close to her I don't even know who she was. I don't know any of the people on my husband's father's side. I don't know how close my husband was with her but yes it's sad either way. This might sound heartless but I'm taking Jerry's death worse then her's. But thank you for your condolences.