Remembering Jerry Nelson (July 10, 1934-August 23, 2012)

Pinkflower7783

Reaction score
Okay! I get it now! I need to move on and listen to something else, and thank you PinkFlower for the advice.
What advice? All I'm saying is is because I don't wanna cry I can't listen to it...not quite sure what to say here.

mbmfrog

Reaction score
You be surprised to find out that on their Youtube channel, Sesame Street has a section called Sesame Street: Remebering Jerry Nelson, which features almost all of Jerry's popluar and up to date Moments on the show, at least according to the various shorts that he did over the years....

http://www.youtube.com/user/sesamestreet?feature=results_main

Yorick

Reaction score
Now this is the song I can't listen to without crying...
I can't even explain how this video of "Pedals of a Rose" makes me feel now...it was already sad enough when Jerry was with us! And these sad songs are all the more endearing to the heart, for me...so Jerry was an instant favorite for me when I started learning who the Muppeteers where. I love music, and so did Jerry, and it showed in everything he sang...and this combination of stories, seriousness, fun and music is always what made me love the Fraggles, the Muppets, and the Sesame crew, and therefore the Muppeteers who brought them to life. Always with the Muppets (which were for adults too), the first 22 or so years of Sesame, and especially Fraggle Rock, you knew this was much more thoughtful and intelligent than anything they make for kids now, and probably then, too. To be honest, this song always made me cry...a combination of the music, the words, (they had such excellent songwriters!) and of course, most of all, Jerry's emotional singing. If someone else had done it, it wouldn't have the impact it does here. Even as a very little kid, I knew Fraggle Rock was a deep show, and I appreciated that. It's so powerful. Jerry knocked me out with this one ever since I first heard it at that age, almost a baby. I've known this song since then, and therefore "known" Jerry all my life...and now to lose him...he's been so important all this time...still is...and he'll never be forgotten...:smirk::cry: