Another Stupid movie to Overreact to...

mr3urious

Reaction score

Muppet fan 123

Reaction score
Worst box office opening EVER.
I don't think this movie's playing anywhere anymore. I think it was pulled after three days. They gotta be crazy to allow this abomonation on the big screen!

Drtooth

Reaction score
Also, here's Cinema Snob and his friend's thoughts on the movie. This is how I was able to learn about so much of the plot and characters.
WOW...

took me like an hour to watch 20 minutes for some reason, but...

WOW! That sounds incredibly awful, even for itself. It seems like it's not only terrible, but MINDBLOWINGLY terrible.

And those guys go on to literally RAVE about Follow That Bird, so you KNOW that's good taste.

Mo Frackle

Reaction score
NBC Nightly News just said that this film made less money than it takes to make a movie. Not surprising. I wouldn't be surprised if this sometimes played for empty theaters.

Drtooth

Reaction score
NBC Nightly News just said that this film made less money than it takes to make a movie. Not surprising. I wouldn't be surprised if this sometimes played for empty theaters.
I don't see why they'd say that. Seems a bit redundant. Only indie films cost what Oogieloves took in. But yeah, the consensus is, it's playing to mostly empty theaters. The worldwide gross is barely a million, which is still much more than the movie is worth.

Oscarfan

Reaction score
If my friend would listen, they'd have have $30 dollars more from us.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Don't... just wait until it's on DVD. These guys proved that it isn't even so bad it's good. They all hate each other and one feels completely depressed by the experience. There's a lot of good bad stuff out there (the anime based on the Tomb of Dracula Marvel comics is pretty fun, if you watch it in pieces), but there's a lot of so bad it's terrible as well.
It doesn't seem like something worth losing friends over. They will HATE you.

Drtooth

Reaction score
I still say they should have marketed it as a horror film. Those things make Freddy Krueger look like Tenderheart Bear.
'cept kids LOVE Freddy Kruger. Maybe not young kids, but seriously... kids LOVE psychotic characters. Why d'ya think The Joker is more popular than Batman.

robodog

Reaction score
True. I just don't buy these things as children's characters. When I was a teenager I read a novel called Gnelfs. It was about these Smurf rip offs that came to life and became homicidal because some idiot included occult symbols in the merchandise. A story like that would be more fitting for these Oogieloves horrors. Children's characters that become psychotic and go on a rampage. These things seriously creep me out and I'm speaking as someone who is usually immune to the Uncanny Valley.