Old Nick Appreciation Thread

What was your favorite show?

• Total voters

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
All I have to say is:

"The Little Prince, from outer space, can catch a shooting star and sail away. Perhaps one day, he'll come your way!"

Drtooth

Reaction score
Yeah... I hated ALL that crap. And again, it's because it was ALWAYS on at my friend's house, and I ALWAYS missed the far superior Danger Mouse and Count Duckula, which took me 20 bleeding years to see. As for Heathcliff and Inspector Gadget, eh... those were always syndicated anyway.

Of course, I'm mixed about that, since I don't think I quite would have appreciated the British humor as a kid, something I can appreciate more now, so it works out in the end.

Still, I don't think those preschooly animes compare with Doraemon or Anpanman. I'd almost wish Saban licensed those for Nick, but that would mean Disney would have owned them. But those shows are MUCH better and much more fun.

All and all, I still think that stuff can walk off a cliff to make way for Doug, Ren and Stimpy, and Rugrats. That stuff put Nickelodeon on the map and changed the game in animation. We wouldn't have CN cartoons at ALL if not for Nicktoons. No Johnny Bravo, no Powerpuff Girls and like that.

Drtooth

Reaction score
But you all have to understand. Even though I had to watch it over friend's houses and through VHS releases, Ren and Stimpy was my freaking WORLD in the early to mid-90's. I have almost every issue of the comic book, too. The earliest issues are actually quite good.

Hayley B

Reaction score
All I have to say is:

"The Little Prince, from outer space, can catch a shooting star and sail away. Perhaps one day, he'll come your way!"
That made me smile. :smile:
I want to sing an old theme song now:

*ahem* :sing: "Pinwheel, pinwheel, spinning around. Look at my Pinwheel and see what I've found.
Pinwheel, pinwheel, where have you been? Hello, how are you, and may I come in?
Pinwheel, pinwheel spinning around. Look at my Pinwheel and see what I found.
Pinwheel, pinwheel, breezy and bright. Spin me good morning, spin me good night."

Drtooth

Reaction score
In my opinion, "Old Nick" begins with the end of Danny Phantom and Jimmy Neutron

My beef with Nick is that they almost intentionally throw new Nicktoons under the bus because they're not live action Tween shows like Disney had 7 years ago that even Disney doesn't market anymore. Oh, Disney has them, but Phineas and Ferb get more attention. Part of it is that they want another Spongebob, even though Spongebob was barely Spongebob popular until 2 years down the road.

I'm really worried about their handling of TMNT... though with the money they spent getting the license, they're going to force it to be popular. Still, I'm glad T.U.F.F. Puppy's getting some recognition...

and I can't be me if I don't absolutely rave about Penguins of Madagascar. That show's like crack to me.

robodog

Reaction score
I probably miss Rocko's Modern Life and Count Duckula the most. I also loved Ren And Stimpy. I remember one time my friend and I ran into each other in the grocery store. He proceeded to pick up a Ren and Stimpy comic and read it aloud, doing dead-on imitations of the voices. I didn't know whether to be embarrased or awed.

Greengables95

Reaction score
For me, Amanda Show was the last great live action show on Nick.
As for Nick JR, I loved Blue's Clues. I had a "handy-dandy notebook" and everything. This was one of my favorite shows.
I also had a soft spot for Little Bill.
And of course, Face. He was a little annoying at times, though.

Of course, this too! How could anyone forget this?