Scooter being introduced in episode 6

Hubert

Reaction score
No...the DVD episodes are in order by production number, not broadcast order. This is especially evident because the Juliet Prowse and Connie Stevens episodes were aired almost a year after the other earlier episodes, yet they appear first on the DVD.

Mo Frackle

Reaction score
Yeah, Hubert's right. The DVD has the episodes in produciton order, not release order. Jim didn't want to air the first couple of episodes first because he didn't think they were polished enough. Here's the list of the episodes in order of release date:
http://epguides.com/MuppetShow/
However, this would mean that one Scooter episode (the Sandy Duncan one) did air prior to his official introduction. Also interesting that the first seven episodes of season 3 aired right after the end of season 2.

Hubert

Reaction score
Yeah, Hubert's right. The DVD has the episodes in produciton order, not release order. Jim didn't want to air the first couple of episodes first because he didn't think they were polished enough. Here's the list of the episodes in order of release date:
http://epguides.com/MuppetShow/
However, this would mean that one Scooter episode (the Sandy Duncan one) did air prior to his official introduction. Also interesting that the first seven episodes of season 3 aired right after the end of season 2.
Please note though that those broadcast orders greatly varied depending on the place and station. I know that somewhere there was a more specific list of when each episode originally aired in major cities, I'll have to look that up and see if I can find it.

Mo Frackle

Reaction score
Please note though that those broadcast orders greatly varied depending on the place and station. I know that somewhere there was a more specific list of when each episode originally aired in major cities, I'll have to look that up and see if I can find it.
I see. I believe the pop-up trivia on the season 1 DVD states that the Rita Moreno episode was the first one (or one of the first ones) to air in most areas.

David French

Reaction score
The problem is that the two Pilots featuring Juliet Prowse and Connie Stevens were taped in late January 1976 and then reworked over late Summer/early Fall 1976. Scooter doesn't appear in the original Juliet Prowse Pilot and I suspect he didn't appear in the original Connie Stevens Pilot either.

I think it's safe to assume that the Jim Nabors episode was meant to be Scooter's introductory episode. As for why he appears in the Ruth Buzzi episode - TV series are rarely filmed in transmission order; sometimes it's necessary to film out of order.

The epguides list shows the original UK transmission order.

David French

Reaction score
One other thing to add is that that production order doesn't reflect the taping order. For example, while Cheryl ladd's episode is no. 24 of the third year, her episode was taped prior to the filming of "The Muppet Movie".