Speculation: CW interested in Muppets?

Teheheman

Reaction score
I think this could be a good thing because even if it has a 0.2 rating, that's good enough for them. Heck, it might even be the best thing on the dang network. Although, we've heard this kind of rumor before ever since Muppets Tonight was cancelled. So, I'm not getting my hopes up.

Daniel

Drtooth

Reaction score
I think this could be a good thing because even if it has a 0.2 rating, that's good enough for them. Heck, it might even be the best thing on the dang network. Although, we've heard this kind of rumor before ever since Muppets Tonight was cancelled. So, I'm not getting my hopes up.
Ah, man... where to start about the CW...

UPN had a few good shows, The WB had a few good shows. Together as a network, they have nothing. Anytime they even have a good show, they can't wait to find a way to get rid of it for some lame copycat series that no one watches... uh... Oh. They tried very hard to kill Smallville because it wasn't obnoxious Teenage Drama enough... you know, vain vapid rich airheads whining about how freaking soul crushingly terrible it is to be a vain vapid rich airhead. And my personal favorite... selling their highly profitable Saturday Morning kid's programming line up to the competition, and thus dooming Spectacular Spider-Man from ever going on longer than 2 seasons.

snichols1973

Reaction score
Ah, man... where to start about the CW...

UPN had a few good shows, The WB had a few good shows. Together as a network, they have nothing. Anytime they even have a good show, they can't wait to find a way to get rid of it for some lame copycat series that no one watches... uh... Oh. They tried very hard to kill Smallville because it wasn't obnoxious Teenage Drama enough... you know, vain vapid rich airheads whining about how freaking soul crushingly terrible it is to be a vain vapid rich airhead. And my personal favorite... selling their highly profitable Saturday Morning kid's programming line up to the competition, and thus dooming Spectacular Spider-Man from ever going on longer than 2 seasons.
Nowadays, it seems like the majority of Fox TV stations have a nearly day-long marathon of court shows from 10 am-5 pm (Central Time here in Oklahoma), and CBS' Saturday morning programming isn't what it used to be compared to the "golden age" of the 1960s, '70's and '80s; nowadays, the big eye just has Doodlebops, Busytown Mysteries and Liberty's Kids, ABC only has educational programming like Jack Hanna's Wild Countdown, Ocean Mysteries with Jeff Corwin, Born to Explore, and Sea Rescue, while NBC's Saturday morning lineup is populated by Noodle and Doodle, Pajanimals, Poppy Cat, Justin Time, LazyTown and The Wiggles.

Meanwhile, the CW is obviously the more popular choice for local Saturday morning programming, with Rescue Heroes, Sonic X, Power Rangers Lost Galaxy, Iron Man, Justice League Unlimited, WWE Saturday Morning Slam, Dragon Ball Z Kai, Yu-Gi-Oh!, and YGO Zexal.

It seems that you have a better selection from such cable networks as the Hub, Nickelodeon and Nicktoons, Disney (including Disney XD), and Cartoon Network (including those who are fortunate enough to get CN Boomerang).

Sadly, the days of the Big Four networks (NBC, CBS, ABC, and Fox) jumped the shark somewhere along the way, and things haven't been the same for local Saturday morning TV ever since.....

Drtooth

Reaction score
I've been on the dying Saturday Morning Soapbox for years. Saban really gave a huge turn around to CW's programing line up (though I don't see why Sonic X still has to be part of it. It's been on uninterrupted for at least 7 years. Time to give it a rest). They're airing a Tiny Toons Special later this month. I absolutely hate Cookie Jar TV on CBS, since they have the entire library of their own Cinar stuff and their acquired DIC stuff, and they only go with 3 shows. Especially since no one liked Doodlebops to begin with, and they're looking ridiculous trying to stuff a dead franchise down everyone's throats. The less said about the other line ups, the better.

It's great for people with cable (even though CN's trying to turn the line up, as I heard, into the How to Train Your Dragon network), but not so much with those who don't. Saban's CW line up is the only authentic SatAm line up still in existence. They actually have something going for them now. Unless Arrow takes off. Don't like that it's on Wednesdays, though.

dwayne1115

Reaction score
A Tiny Toons Special next month hubba hubba whaaaaa?

Drtooth

Reaction score
Yeah... Saturday morning October 27th, they're running Night Ghoulery. I almost fell out of my chair.

DannyRWW

Reaction score
and strangely odd as no one who is watching (at least the kids) will even know what Tint toons is...look at their line up...its all main stream popular anime and such...tiny toons seems out of place (but certainly welcome)