The "What Seems to Be in Store for Season 43" Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

mr3urious

Reaction score
Already Elmo: The Musical is a lot more fun and interesting than EW because Elmo actually steps outside his little imaginary apartment and interacts with other living beings, and sings actual songs instead of b*****dizing the tune of "Jingle Bells". Loved the song with Elmo and the Yip-Yips especially. :smile:

Oscarfan

Reaction score
Hands down, Elmo the Musical already has more promise than EW ever had.

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Here are some more Season 43 videos...

Drtooth

Reaction score
Already Elmo: The Musical is a lot more fun and interesting than EW because Elmo actually steps outside his little imaginary apartment and interacts with other living beings, and sings actual songs instead of b*****dizing the tune of "Jingle Bells". Loved the song with Elmo and the Yip-Yips especially. :smile:
Hands down, Elmo the Musical already has more promise than EW ever had.
I could go on a whole thing about EW vs ETM, but I think ETM speaks for itself so far. They really are looking at getting the older viewers back, and shifting away from the preprepreschool demographic that EW managed to catch. Hopefully, with that gone, the show is free to change in other ways to get out of the 3 and under ghetto it was stuck in.

Oscarfan

Reaction score
I know most of you don't like the "celebrity singing spoof of their own song" bits, but I think "Five By" is a really great bit.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Don't they pretty much have to sing spoofs of their own songs as opposed to their actual own songs because of legal and clearance issues?

Oscarfan

Reaction score
Don't they pretty much have to sing spoofs of their own songs as opposed to their actual own songs because of legal and clearance issues?
I don't think so, but in the ol' days, spoofs would be sung by spoofs of the singers themselves. With the celebrity-heavy show today, it's more likely the original performers will be brought in to sing the parody.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
You do have a point, but it still makes you wonder though if there could possibly be some sort of legal issue... like in the case of Season One, which had a LOT of actual copyrighted songs that can't be released on DVD ("Consider Yourself", "Good Morning Starshine", "Yellow Submarine", etc), and I know in a lot of cases, the singer/songwriter/group don't even own the rights to their own songs, either their managers or their labels do. I mean, that's just something I've wondered for some time.

SSLFan

Reaction score
*sigh*...were was ETM when I was a kid? It looks far surperior to...the other Elmo segment I grew up with, lol.

Oscarfan

Reaction score
And for anyone who cares, I'm continuing my project of making season albums, so hopefully I'll get as many songs from this season as possible (especially considering ETM will have like a million of them).

Status
Not open for further replies.