1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Original Soundtrack
    With a new Muppet movie one of the most anticipated merchandise releases is the official soundtrack. Listen to the Muppets Most Wanted original soundtrack now playing on Muppet Central Radio.

The "What Seems to Be in Store for Season 43" Thread

Discussion in 'Sesame Street' started by Oscarfan, Apr 1, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

1. Oscarfan Well-Known Member

It's a tad early, but now that season 42's over, it's time to gear up for the next one! The press kit won't come to us until early August, so we have to find bits and pieces of info about it ourselves. There hasn't been any word on guest stars yet, but if David Hyde Pierce was in that Brushy Brush song and wasn't in season 42, I'm hoping he's in this season (love him in Frasier).

Here's some other stuff that might (and hopefully will) air:
    And based on some of the images on SW's revamped site (like the second one on here), i have an inkling there may be a new theme sequence.
    KirbTreelo05 likes this.
  2. Drtooth Well-Known Member

First off...A million Internets to you for having an actual thread about actual stuff posted on the day of nonsense. :fanatic:

But yeah... there's something that troubles me about squishing season 42 and 43 together production wise, since so much was said to have been in this last season that really wasn't. Like that young Puppeteer prodigy. Why did that get bumped, but we got the Justin Beiber parody twice in a single season? Quite honestly, that's something I was quite looking forward to. No question he's probably going to join the group in several years (if SS is still around). I like seeing new talent. It's a shame we didn't get to see his segment yet.

And isn't there some cryptic clue or clues about the new Elmo segments?

I'm wondering if the Monster at the end of the Show would be on the actual show... seems like it could also be used for a DVD release or even one of those Sesame Street Kinect things. It would be a great episode, though...
  3. Oscarfan Well-Known Member

Well, hence the "seems".
  4. Oscarfan Well-Known Member

Hey, a celebrity!

Phillip likes this.
  5. cahuenga Active Member

There are two inserts of Frank Oz he taped the last season. I wonder in how many episodes would appear Bob, Susan and Jerry Nelson characters.
  6. D'Snowth Well-Known Member

It's occured to me that by this upcoming season, if he's still around, Alan's stint as owner of Hooper's Store will actually begin to surpass Mr. Hooper's ownership (not counting the backstory of Hooper's Store being opened in 1951).
    Phillip likes this.
  7. Oscarfan Well-Known Member

8. Oscarfan Well-Known Member

9. Oscarfan Well-Known Member

...and according to Tyler Bunch's twitter, some more Frank Oz material will be coming.
  10. cahuenga Active Member

Last year around this time, the sesame street acount on Youtube uploaded some bits from the season 43, so I suppose they will upload some inserts from season 43 anytime soon.... I can't wait!!!!!!!
  11. D'Snowth Well-Known Member

Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't this supposed to be the season that features Tau Bennett performing in an insert with Kevin Clash, or has that already happened?
  12. Oscarfan Well-Known Member

They might. Or, they may hold off until the end of summer. The season's press kit doesn't usually come out until early August, and the clips from that might be on their channel not long after. Then, they'll start uploading more inserts a week or so before the season premieres. </lame>

That has not happened yet. I don't know why. The scene they did was apparently improvised, so maybe it didn't test well before placing it into the show. Which would be a shame, really.
  13. bingboingcutie Active Member

I am really, really, RULLY liking this Monster at the End of the Show idea. Just a change from Murray's intersitials might be nice. Also, I kind of hope they can do something about the longer segments and somehow make room for more little clips like they used to. We don't see enough of those these days.
  14. Oscarfan Well-Known Member

I just found an (incomplete) article that reveals there IS a new Elmo segment coming! :laugh: It's called "Elmo the Musical" and is 11 minutes long.
  15. D'Snowth Well-Known Member

Well, it'd probably be better than Glee.
  16. Drtooth Well-Known Member

Link please?
  17. Oscarfan Well-Known Member

18. Drtooth Well-Known Member

I don't know how to feel about it.

On the one hand, ANYTHING has to be more interesting than Elmo talking about shoelaces for 15 minutes... but on the other... There's that freaking STEM again. :rolleyes:

I'd tend to think a new Elmo segment should focus on a variety of subjects, including literacy. Just not something that's a carbon copy of Elmo's World.

Though I would prefer Elmo's Backyard. The fact he had to interact with trees and bugs and things that talked back to him set that segment apart.
    jgidley likes this.
  19. Oscarfan Well-Known Member

All I care about is it's a few minutes shorter, which means more room for inserts hopefully.

Plus, EW came out of a time when they had to make it like Barney and the like. While they've gone with the block format, the other segments are their own thing. Much like they've learned from JTE, I'm sure they've learned from EW and will try to make the new segment as entertaining as possible.
  20. Drtooth Well-Known Member

It doesn't seem to me so much they learned their lesson about EW as the fact that EW has been around since 1998, and somehow they got bored with it. That's why we haven't seen a new one since Frogs back in season 40, the only new one that season. I think deep down the writers and some producers wanted to dump the segment, but couldn't due to kids programmed to see Elmo at a certain point. I hope this fills that need and is far more entertaining.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.