Now what's going on with YouTube?

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Hmm, I see no difference...

I'm having to use Firefox until Microsoft fixes the security hack with IE, but I haven't cleared out that cache, so out of curiosity, I looked on IE, and again, I still see no difference. :confused:

Drtooth

Reaction score
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUGHHHHHHHHH!!!

YT keeps throwing Honey Boo Boo videos into my recommended, and I don't even watch that spoiled brat! All I've been watching are Muppets, Classic SST, Hogan's Heroes, and retromercials now how does ANY of that relate to that creepy little thing?!
I found out why. You'll always get something idiotic in your recommended folder because either you've watched a video that starts with an advertisement (I guess in your case, anything Henson posts), or you have a video ad banner on your YT homepage, and while it doesn't get included in your history, it somehow counts as a video you watched. I've experienced that. I've never watched "Google Chrome [what'shername]calls home" intentionally.

That, or someone puts something questionable in the video tags.

Pinkflower7783

Reaction score
Is that what it is? Because I just got 5 Honey Boo Boo videos in my recommended as well. :rolleyes:

Drtooth

Reaction score
Thankfully I don't, but I got a bunch of crappy videos I'd never watched if you paid me because of those stupid ads. There's a way you can tell...

sometimes under the recommended video, you have a blurb underneath that says "because you watched..." I have so many that say "because you watched Google Chrome: Dear Sophie" when that was an advertisement I refuse to watch anyway.

Pinkflower7783

Reaction score
I'll have to check because between Honey Boo Boo and Twilight I'm about ready to scream. ><

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I actually haven't gotten "Because you watched..." in a looooong time, but like Pinky, I'd be very much curious to find out WHY I'm being bombard with Honey Poo Poo because of what I watched... though I'd doubt it'd be because of ads or commercials: I always close that humongously huge eyesore of an ad on the homepage every morning, and if I see a video is about to start with a commercial, then I'll skip it altogether and move on.

Drtooth

Reaction score
though I'd doubt it'd be because of ads or commercials: I always close that humongously huge eyesore of an ad on the homepage every morning, and if I see a video is about to start with a commercial, then I'll skip it altogether and move on.
Doesn't matter. Happened to me on occasion. Apparently I watched a movie that's name was a line of numeric code, and it was a banner ad when I clicked on it to find out what it was. And the comments on the page were all "How did this get into my recommended?"

Pinkflower7783

Reaction score
And now because Ive watched Sesame Street they apparently decided I might like to watch Barney as well. :stick_out_tongue: