Top Annoying Misnaming People Do

Mo Frackle

Reaction score
Oh my. Looking at comments from the "Man or Muppet" video, and I'm seeing a handful of "I'm only watching this for Sheldon! XD!" comments. Now I love Jim Parsons as much as the next clown, but come on! It's the Muppets!

D'Snowth

Reaction score
As I've said before, he and he alone is why everybody loves that song. Without him, that song probably would have fell flat, and it wouldn't have been as memorable as it was.

Mo Frackle

Reaction score
Yeah, that's a really good point. But my point is that people say that's the only reason why they wanted to see the movie itself.

Pinkflower7783

Reaction score
I think that was the only reason it won an Academy Award to be honest. I know when I first saw it I could hear people in the theater gasp when they saw Jim Parsons. I'm thinking really people??? And while I did enjoy the song Man or Muppet I didn't love it to death. I felt like if any song in the film deserved an Academy Award it was "Pictures in my Head." I just think it's sad it took this long for the Muppets to actually win an Academy Award. :/

Mo Frackle

Reaction score
I kind of thought "Life's a Happy Song" deserved the Oscar.

Pinkflower7783

Reaction score
That song as well. I was honestly surprised that that wasn't one of the songs nominated. But I guess it was TOO happy. :stick_out_tongue:

Mo Frackle

Reaction score
The thing is, when you look at it, "Life's a Happy Song" is sort of like a parody of those cheesy opening numbers from cheesy musicals.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I think that was the only reason it won an Academy Award to be honest. I know when I first saw it I could hear people in the theater gasp when they saw Jim Parsons. I'm thinking really people???
When I saw the movie in the theater, that actually was the biggest laugh the movie got, as soon as we saw Jim Parsons, everybody started laughing, and whooping, and clapping, etc.

But as I've said in my previous reviews, I didn't think the songs in this movie were the best: Muppet movies tend to have really great songs throughout, but somehow, the songs seemed somewhat weak, and slightly sappy in this one. "Me Party/Party of One" made me cringe, honestly.

Pinkflower7783

Reaction score
Well it was the theme song of the movie to be honest so to me that was an obvious choice for it to be nominated but I just felt Picture's in my Head out of all of them should've been nominated but...ehh I'm just thankful 35 years later The Muppets finally won something. I just wish they had won when Jim was alive. But then again I never really like half the time who the Academy nominates anyways so for once it's about time they did something right. :stick_out_tongue: