Another New Noggin

sweet201

Reaction score
I am very curious how PWMS and 123 will fit into the new schedule. According to the commercials I've seen (as well as the articles I mentioned previously), the half-hour Oobi will be shown at 9 AM, while the new show "Tweenies" is going to be on at noon (ET) - both time slots that are currently held by PWMS, with 123 following. Additionally, the 2-6PM hours will be ALL Nick Jr. shows - Bob the Builder, Dora, etc, which takes away the 3:00 PWMS *and* the 3:30 showing of 123.

I did read further and noticed that it said SW will regain total rights to all Sesame Street episodes in 2 (or was it 3) years, while Noggin has a 7 year contract for PWMS. So PWM will definitely be around for awhile longer... but I am very worried about the future of Sesame Street on Noggin. My little boy loves ANYTHING muppety, and one of the things that seems to calm and delight him most during our long hours at home (I'm a stay-at-home mom) are those few times a day when mommy says, "Would you like to go in the living room? Sesame is on!" I am always amazed by just how much the sight of Ernie, Elmo, Grover and the others captivates and soothes him. It is so rare to find a children's show that parents can enjoy, too... and the new Noggin schedule doesn't appear to have a whole lot in that vein. I guess we'll just have to wait and see....

On the up side, the little guy seems to REALLY like the little moose guy they've been showing as the soon-to-be host. Every time he hears Moose A. Moose's voice, Tristan bolts into the living room to check him out. :crazy: Tina

CookieFan

Reaction score
I think I will be doing a lot of taping of 123 Sesame for the rest of the month!

Erine81981

Reaction score
New Noggin!!! Please no!!!!

:embarrassed: Why in the world would they do this to use real huge muppet fans of Sesame Street. I'm kind of glad that I've been able to record some episodes of sesame street I have the first showing of Sesame street on tape. I didn't have satellite at first so would go to my sisters's boyfriend to record episode of the show. So now that I have it I'm glad. So like Cookiefan said I'm recording as much as I can get of the show. Maybe They'll get another channel and start showing all types of muppets shows and speaicals.

CookieFan

Reaction score
I just don't buy the "there's no market for retro programming" excuse from Noggin. The Cartoon Network's Boomerang network appears to be doing fine showing classic cartoons, and they do things like have Banana Splits marathons.

But, apparently we're not the market that Noggin is trying to reach (even though many of us are the PARENTS with the WALLETS of the audience they ARE trying to reach!)

Incidentally, are the TWEENIES a British import?

sweet201

Reaction score
The Tweenies are indeed a British import, but we'll be seeing a re-dubbed version using American actors. I cannot find the story right now, but I read somewhere that in addition to eliminating the British accents, they are also changing some of the local vernacular - one of the cited examples was the substitution of "jungle gym" for the British "climbing frame".

When I relayed this information to my friend Darren, who has lived in the UK all his life, he just laughed and told me that when he and his wife were in California, they had happened upon an episode of Thomas the Tank Engine in their hotel room - with SUBTITLES!! English subtitles. On a show where they were speaking English. :confused: Tina

ssetta

Reaction score
I looked at that article, and I believe it said Oobi will be on at 8:30 and 11:30. I didn't see anything for the 9:00 timeslot, or the 1:00 timeslot. Maybe it will be on those 2 times. What exactly do they mean by "educational staples" like Sesame Street? I mean, it's too popular for them to take it off!

ssetta

Reaction score
Sesame Street has not been on Noggin in about 3 years, and Play With Me Sesame got cancelled from Noggin a year ago. However, both can now be seen on the channel called PBS Kids Sprout. I notice you are new to Muppet Central, and would like to point out how old that post is. This was made way back in 2003, when both were still on. Please don't revive old threads like this if you can help it.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Exactly. You scared me that it was off Sprout now.

Erine81981

Reaction score
Sesame Street has not been on Noggin in about 3 years, and Play With Me Sesame got cancelled from Noggin a year ago. However, both can now be seen on the channel called PBS Kids Sprout. I notice you are new to Muppet Central, and would like to point out how old that post is. This was made way back in 2003, when both were still on. Please don't revive old threads like this if you can help it.
It's alright SS. She didn't mean too. She didn't even know. It's alright jewlquest. We all know that. I wished it still aired on Noggin becasue i don't have DIRECTV. But we all know your sadness Jewl.