The Most Musical Muppet Film of all

Twisted Tails

Reaction score
I'll go with The Muppet Christmas Carol.
Me too! It was also Jerry Nelson's moment to shine even though Jim and Richard passed away. He had a great voice and I thought it was the most musical film of all time.

MissMusical12

Reaction score
I'll go with Muppets Take Manhattan. Besides the fact that it's actually about a musical, the soundtrack really helps carry the emotions of the characters throughout the story. :smile:
That's what I really enjoyed about Muppets Take Manhattan. The fact that it's a (movie) musical about putting on a musical. You're especially getting this from someone who's a HUGE fan of Broadway and musicals. Although, I wish there could've been maybe one more song or two in the movie, it's still great the way it is. :smile:

Muppet Master

Reaction score
Well, let me do the math. Here is a list of the original muppet movies and their original songs.

TMM
  1. The Rainbow Connection
  2. Moving Right Along
  3. Can You Picture That
  4. Never Before Never Again
  5. I Hope That Something Better Comes Along
  6. I'm Going to Go Back There Someday
  7. The Magic Store
GMC
  1. Hey A Movie
  2. Happiness Hotel
  3. Stepping Out With A Star
  4. Night Life
  5. The First Time It Happens
  6. Why Couldn't We Ride
  7. Piggy's Fantasy
MTM
  1. Together Again
  2. You Can't Take No For An Answer
  3. Saying Goodbye
  4. I'm Going To Always Love You
  5. Right Where I Belong
  6. Somebody's Getting Married
  7. He'll Make Me Happy
I just think the first three feel most like musicals. MTM keeps a lot of its songs at the end, so I just do not feel the musical vibe, and GMC stops the songs after Piggy's Fantasy, not counting the "Hey A Movie" reprise. So, I think that TMM is the most musical muppet film, not only is it the first one, but the songs are scattered well, and they all work.

fozzieisfunny

Reaction score
Well, let me do the math. Here is a list of the original muppet movies and their original songs.

TMM
  1. The Rainbow Connection
  2. Moving Right Along
  3. Can You Picture That
  4. Never Before Never Again
  5. I Hope That Something Better Comes Along
  6. I'm Going to Go Back There Someday
  7. The Magic Store
GMC
  1. Hey A Movie
  2. Happiness Hotel
  3. Stepping Out With A Star
  4. Night Life
  5. The First Time It Happens
  6. Why Couldn't We Ride
  7. Piggy's Fantasy
MTM
  1. Together Again
  2. You Can't Take No For An Answer
  3. Saying Goodbye
  4. I'm Going To Always Love You
  5. Right Where I Belong
  6. Somebody's Getting Married
  7. He'll Make Me Happy
I just think the first three feel most like musicals. MTM keeps a lot of its songs at the end, so I just do not feel the musical vibe, and GMC stops the songs after Piggy's Fantasy, not counting the "Hey A Movie" reprise. So, I think that TMM is the most musical muppet film, not only is it the first one, but the songs are scattered well, and they all work.

I probably feel like TMM and MMW are the most musical. The music in both those two are placed at the right times. Not all of them at the beginning, not all at the end. I also feel like GMC does a pretty good music job, too. Although MFS is definitely by far the most musical.

Muppet Master

Reaction score
I probably feel like TMM and MMW are the most musical. The music in both those two are placed at the right times. Not all of them at the beginning, not all at the end. I also feel like GMC does a pretty good music job, too. Although MFS is definitely by far the most musical.
Actually, MMW had way too many songs at the beginning with only Something So Right and Together Again in the second half of the movie.

fozzieisfunny

Reaction score
Actually, MMW had way too many songs at the beginning with only Something So Right and Together Again in the second half of the movie.
Yeah, I just realized that after I typed it. MTI and MFS are the most musical, in my opinion.