minor muppetz' TMS outline: Ray Stevens

minor muppetz

Reaction score
I hope that you enjoy this outline. It takes place during the first season of The Muppet Show.

Introduction
Kermit introduces Ray Stevens.

Opening Number: Gitarzan
Ray Stevens sings in the jungle, playing the guitar. He is joined by Animal on drums, as well as Rowlf (who dances) and the heaps (who pop in and out of frame at various times).

Balcony
Statler: I hated that number.
Waldorf: Why?
Statler: Why what?
Waldorf: Why did you hate that number?
Statler: Who says I hated it? I still hate it!

Backstage
Gonzo introduces Kermit to his new best friend, an apple (a real, non-muppet, inanimate apple).

Muppet News
The Newsman has heard a report of a store that has closed without notice. He interviews the manager (Ray Stevens) who tells him why it closed so suddenly: He forgot his store keys.

The Houses
House #1: I have a bad feeling on the inside.
House #2: Is it guilt?
House #1: No, it's an exploding refridgerator.

Backstage
Gonzo shows the apple to Dr. Teeth, who is hungry and wants to eat the apple. Gonzo is appalled.

At the Dance
The music changes from the regular "At the Dance" music to an instrumental version of "The Streak" when a naked Mupet starts running around the ballroom, as the vorious female dancers faint.

UK Spot: Spinning Wheel
Dr. Teeth sings while a spinning wheel spins in the background.

Talk Spot
Gonzo interrupts the talk spot when he asks Ray Stevens to autograph his apple.

Veterinarian's Hospital
The patient is a dog catcher, who Dr. Bob refuses to help.

Balcony
Statler: I hate that last sketch!
Waldorf: Why do you hate that last sketch?
Statler: Who says I hate that last sketch?

Introduction
Kermit introduces Fozzie Bear.

Fozzie's Monologue
Fozzie's monologue gets interrupted by Ray Stevens, who appears as a delivery guy with a package for Fozzie. Fozzie opens the package, and a pie comes out and hits Fozzie in the face. Then Fozzie explodes for no reason.

Balcony
Statler says that that was one of Fozzie's best acts ever.

Backstage
Hilda reluctantly watches over the apple for Gonzo. Hilda has a conversation with the apple (though the apple isn't heard talking). Gonzo comes back and wodners why she is talking to the apple if it isn't talking back to her.

Closing Number: Everything is Beautiful
Ray Stevens sings with Sweetums, Thog, Shakey Shanchez, the trumpet-nosed Fazoob, Flower-Eating Monster, Boppity, Gloat, Scoff, Behemoth, Gorgon Heap, Animal, and Gonzo.

Goodnight
Kermit and Ray are joined by Fozzie, Miss Piggy, Gonzo (and his apple), Hilda, and the muppet streak from At the Dance.

Stan Davis

Reaction score
who perform these characters
The Muppet Streak
Dog Catcher in Vet's Hospital