Top Annoying Misnaming People Do

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
I'm not exactly sure how to interpret that last comment. Puppetry is sort of like animation.... I guess.
Kermit and Scooter technically called themselves animated characters when presenting the award at the 1986 Academy Awards.

Pinkflower7783

Reaction score
I don't know Eric Jacobson and Steve Whitmire have said it's really not like animation because in animation the voice is seprate from the animators. With puppetry it's basically, voicing, acting and the puppetry itself.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
I don't know Eric Jacobson and Steve Whitmire have said it's really not like animation because in animation the voice is seprate from the animators. With puppetry it's basically, voicing, acting and the puppetry itself.
That is an important distinction. I mean animation is a good form of teamwork, but the players (writer, voice actor, animator) don't always get to work together. With puppetry all of those elements get to come together in real time more often.

Pinkflower7783

Reaction score
Exactly and it's basically "you" who are doing all those elements in one. Where as animation the actor is really just using his/her voice to bring the character to life. And the animator basically does the acting movement by obviously drawing. So it is two different mediums if you look at it.

Mo Frackle

Reaction score
Yes, I've said that several times. What I meant was animation in the sense of how the character moves, not in how the character speaks. Unfortunately, too many people say, "oh yeah, you do the voice of Kermit". It's more than the voice, kid. Way more than the voice. In other words, I think Steve and Eric were saying that puppetry is different from voice acting, not animation itself.

Pinkflower7783

Reaction score
Yes, I've said that several times. What I meant was animation in the sense of how the character moves, not in how the character speaks.
My whole point of that comment was this person obviously meant it was a cartoon show not so much basing it on the art form of puppetry.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
Unfortunately, too many people say, "oh yeah, you do the voice of Kermit". It's more than the voice, kid. Way more than the voice.
Yeah I guess people are used to the concept of voice actors, but puppetry is still a strange concept for people.

Mo Frackle

Reaction score
My whole point of that comment was this person obviously meant it was a cartoon show not so much basing it on the art form of puppetry.
Right, I understand that, and my point was that puppetry, in the sense of how the character moves, is sort of like animation.