Silly things you said, did, or thought as a kid

HeyButtahfly

Reaction score
All this reminds me of when my sister and I used to make fun of those commercials where they would encourage hard-of-hearing people (mostly targeted at elderly people, by the by) to call for more information on hearing aid options.

Lola p

Reaction score
I always thought Tom Servo was scary when I was like 7.

So, much like when I was scared of Sesame Street, one of my grandmothers put me in my living room and put an episode of MST3K on. And before long, I wasnt scared anymore...

And now I think Tom is one of the best characters on the show... XD

Fragglemuppet

Reaction score
When I got babysat by my grandparents. They didn't have any dolls for me to play with. They had this shoebox filled with crayons and I use to play school with them. Some crayons were teachers. While others were students. I use to roll the students crayons over the floor when I was pretending that they were riding a bus.
I used to do the same, pretending blocks and such were people.

Twisted Tails

Reaction score
I used to do the same, pretending blocks and such were people.
I pretended the blocks were animals, my parents were like tall mountain beings (sad but true) and I thought Gobo was a stubborn Fraggle. Now that I am all grownup, Gobo is brave and smart, blocks are block and silly creatures are silly creatures.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
I thought certain cliffs or holes led to bottomless areas. Most notably in Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer, I thought that the cliff Yukon Cornelius fell off of was bottomless, and wondered how the abominable snowman could bounce his way up. Ditto with the cliff that Rudoph knocked a log into during the "Fame and Fortune" number.

When I was in the fifth grade I suddenly wondered if my parents had some magic screen where they could watch what I was doing when they weren't around me. I don't know why I thought this (my parents didn't put this thought into my head, for example).

The first time I saw a magic 8-ball in the store, I asked it if I would get a present that day. The 8-ball said yes... And then I didn't get a present that day. Because of that I thought that magic 8-balls were liars (though that didn't stop me from asking for one for Christmas).

When I saw the commercial for the Aladdin video game and it was said that you could get wishes, I thought you really could wish for anything with the game, as opposed to the so-called "wishes" being the ability to choose either an extra life or extra continue. It doesn't help that in the commercial a kid was shown turning somebody into something (I don't recall any disclaimers that you couldn't do that). At the time I didn't know what Frank Oz or Richard Hunt looked like and planned on using the game to wish to know what they looked like.

On a similar note, I thought Wishing Trolls could actually grant wishes. There was a commercial where kids were wishing for things, sort of implying that they'd actually come true, though thinking back on it I don't think they actually showed the kids magically getting their wishes granted. I remember getting a Wishing Troll and wishing it would be Christmas, and not getting that wish.

robodog

Reaction score
This is probably the dumbest thing I thought as a kid. Once I got a small vinyl poseable figure of Gizmo from the movie Gremlins. I hadn't seen the movie yet so I didn't really know anything about the character, just that I thought it was neat looking. On the box was printed the rules regarding caring for him ( No light, no water, no food after midnight ) Now for I didn't pay any attention to the rules regarding light or food after midnight but for some reason I became absolutely convinced that something terrible would happen if I ever got it wet. Why I latched onto that one rule over the others I'll never know. Since I hadn't seen the movie I wasn't sure what was supposed to happen just that it would be bad. So I kept that toy far away from anything wet. Finally my mom got sick of me worrying over it. She took the toy and held it under the faucet. Once I realized nothing would happen I had a new bath and pool buddy.

Hubert

Reaction score
When I was little, and my parents decided to get a wooden wishing well to put in our yard, I thought they were referring to a "wishing whale" rather than a "wishing well," and thought that there was going to be some living whale wearing a crown in our yard that I could go and make wishes to. So after the wishing well was stationed in our yard, I looked at it and asked, "That's the wishing whale?"