"Peanuts" movie in development for November 2015 release

Hayley B

Reaction score
but then again, that usually happens when the same guy still does it) or to make television specials that weren't based on his previous works.
That was kind of the questions that I had in my head after Charles Schulz' people told me that above there back then. Thinking of both Snoopy, Come Home and Snoopy's Reunion. Why did he allow two different storylines about how Charlie Brown got Snoopy?

----

Kind of wanted to show what TMZ had to say about this movie. Sadly they didn't post that clip on YouTube. :frown:

D'Snowth

Reaction score
And when we usually see Snoopy, he's in some weird 3/4ths view with both his eyes on one side of his head.

That's not going to work in a 3-D based animation.
Ah, but somehow, they've managed to have 3D/CGI Mickey's ears break the laws of physics just like his ears did when he was 2D/hand-drawn.

robodog

Reaction score
Man I hope this doesn't suck.

Peanuts was a huge part of my childhood. I may have said this somewhere before but there are only three celebrity deaths that really hit me hard. One was Stan Winston, another was Jim Henson and the third was Charles Schulz. I'd hate to see someone crap all over the Peanuts legacy.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Ah, but somehow, they've managed to have 3D/CGI Mickey's ears break the laws of physics just like his ears did when he was 2D/hand-drawn.
Mickey doesn't look that good in CGI, I have to say. He looks like a plastic toy.

This is the only real test of CGI Snoopy ever had...

Actually, I sort of take it back... they do look serviceable in CGI, but you lose the line quality, and Snoopy's bound to look weird in turn around. But the other Peanuts characters look alright.

Drtooth

Reaction score
I'm sure professional not PS2 cut scene animation will fix it, but he looks very stiff and like a plastic toy... worse than Mickey, as you said. And I can't find any footage of turn around. Just a side view or back view.

CGI is the way they're going, but this needs to be 2-D animated.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Of course, the weird cutscenes in Horton Hears a Who proves they can do 2-D animation.

Still, how many Peanuts movies were there? Snoopy Come Home, Bon Voyage, Charlie Brown (that had its own wrap up special), A Boy Named Charlie Brown, and Race for your Life Charlie Brown. I don't know which were theatrical, though.

Hayley B

Reaction score
I think Snoopy, Come Home had to be. The others, I don't know. They were always specials on TV when I came around.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
I'm getting tired of the emperor's new clothes attitude when it comes to CGI cartoons. It's still really not that good yet but everyone's pretending it is because it's the most modern.