Questions about anything

charlietheowl

Reaction score
My question? Why do people associate the way others dress up with their sexuality? I'm Miss Straigher McStraightington and I probably more likely to wear a costume meant for the opposite gender these days! Yeah, it can be true in some cases, but still!
I think it's just stereotyped gender role stuff. Same reason people still poke fun at male nurses or female police officers.

newsmanfan

Reaction score
-----------
Was called a dyke for so long I tried it... *rimshot*

But seriously folks. Clothing should have nothing to do with gender or sex. I have a friend who looks hot as heck in women's blazers and skinny ties and jeans. A "fairy" (wings and all) in KMart one night made me smile.

Am reminded of the debate from Mr B Natural...Yes! Let's break down ALL the barriers!!
----------------

D'Snowth

Reaction score
But seriously folks. Clothing should have nothing to do with gender or sex.
Well, it does, unfortunately. I mean heck, right now, there's this stigma that men can't wear pink, otherwise they're "light in the loafers", if you know what I mean.

Similarly, the same can be said with vocabulary as well... again, there's certain words that men can't say ("fabulous" being one of the top ones) without having the "gay" stigma put on them.

And on THAT note, if you say certain words like, "split", "gnarley", or really any other such slang words, apparently, that gives people the impression that you're a stoner.

Vincent L

Reaction score
"Nathalie forgot that she already saw the movie last Saturday."
Is the grammar correct?

Ignatz

Reaction score
[spoilers] At the end of Dr. Strangelove or: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Bomb what does Alexei de Sadeski do with his wristwatch? It happens after Gen. Turgidson's speech about how the Soviets would also protect there population at this de Sadeski walks away from the others and heads towards the door then looks at his wristwatch and then presses a button on it. It obviously must have some importance as it shows the watch in close-up. I thought it may have been either he contacts the Soviets to tell them the American's plans or that the wristwatch is a dettonation device the destroys the war room, but then would it go off immediately or would there be some delay? After it there is only one small segment of the film where Dr Strangelove gets out of the chair then it cuts to the atomic bombs going off with 'We Will Meet Again' playing in the background, this would suggest that the Americans do go underground when the doomsday machine goes off but could mean something else. [spoilers]