Muppet Show Song Ideas?

Piggy The Frog

Reaction score
I Like You Very Much (Carmen Miranda)- Miss Piggy (dressed like Carmen Miranda, including a fruit hat) sings this. She's backed up by the Electric Mayhem. At the end of the song, Animal gets hungry and tries to eat Piggy's hat.

I know Carol Channing already sang a small part of this, but it would be an interesting sketch to see! It could actually be any song by Carmen Miranda, not necessarily this one.

Ignatz

Reaction score
Another Carmen Miranda song she could do would be South American Way maybe surounded by pigs in brightly coloured outfits.

MissMusical12

Reaction score
I Like You Very Much (Carmen Miranda)- Miss Piggy (dressed like Carmen Miranda, including a fruit hat) sings this. She's backed up by the Electric Mayhem. At the end of the song, Animal gets hungry and tries to eat Piggy's hat.

I know Carol Channing already sang a small part of this, but it would be an interesting sketch to see! It could actually be any song by Carmen Miranda, not necessarily this one.
It'd be really cool to see Miss Piggy cover a Carmen Miranda number. :halo:

MissMusical12

Reaction score
More ideas.........
Hit Me With Your Best Shot (Pat Benatar)- Gonzo, getting attacked by anything thrown at him.

21 Guns (Green Day (*The "American Idiot musical" version))- Everyone (This song would make a wonderful group number!)

Cold as Ice (Foreigner)- The Electric Mayhem (Dr. Teeth on lead vocals) (The setting is, ironically, on a tropical island but a blizzard shows up in the end)

I Lost My Heart To A Starship Trooper (Sarah Brightman and Hot Gossip)- Miss Piggy (in her Pigs in Space outfit) and The Female Singers (http://muppet.wikia.com/wiki/The_Female_Singers) (They could be singing this either on Planet Koozebane or on board The Swinetrek)

Dream On (Aerosmith)- The Electric Mayhem (Floyd on lead vocals)

You're Beautiful (James Blunt)- Gonzo, singing to Camilla

Movin' Out (Billy Joel)- Scooter (or maybe Floyd, but I'm leaning towards Scooter on this one)

It's My Life (Bon Jovi)- The Electric Mayhem (Floyd on lead vocals)

Tunnel of Love (Bruce Springsteen)- Floyd, serenading Janice (Animal is also in this on drums. *Same situation as "50 Ways To Leave Your Lover"* )

Tenth Avenue Freeze Out (Bruce Springsteen)- The Electric Mayhem (Floyd, Dr. Teeth, and Janice on vocals. *Zoot and Lips are gonna play a key part in this song*)

MissMusical12

Reaction score
Alright....a few more ideas...

American Pie (Don McLean)- The Electric Mayhem (with Floyd on lead vocals). Unfortunately, Sam the Eagle steps into the numbers, misunderstanding the song. (In a sorta situation to "Mack The Knife")

Don't Stop Believing (Journey)- starting off with Kermit and Miss Piggy, but soon are joined by everyone.

Hurts So Good (John Cougar)- Gonzo, trying out a rockstar makeover. The electric guitar he tried out then explodes on him in the end.

Footloose (Kenny Loggins)- Scooter, trying to be a bad boy, backed up whatnot bad girls.

I Wanna Dance With Somebody (Whitney Houston)- Annie Sue or (maybe) Miss Piggy, in a Cinderella-esque situation (or something similar to the setting to "Stayin' Alive"). The "Prince" either one dances with could be either Link Hogthrob or a random pig.

9 to 5 (Dolly Parton)- Miss Piggy, Janice, Skeeter, and other female characters/ whatnots as they check in to and get ready for the show one evening.

Something Stupid (Frank and Nancy Sinatra)- Kermit and Miss Piggy (This would be a GREAT duet for them, in my opinion)

Good Vibrations (The Beach Boys)- Kermit, Gonzo, Fozzie, Scooter, Rizzo, Floyd, Beaker, and Animal (In acapella, similar to the Wilson Phillips version of the song)

Wouldn't It Be Nice (The Beach Boys)- (in a flashback) a teenage Miss Piggy, persuading teenage Kermit to fall in love and marry her.

Lollipop (The Chordettes)- Three lollipops (a grape flavored, a cherry flavored and a lemon flavored), and a candy-loving whatnot (whom eats the lollipops at the end of the song)

Lay All Your Love On Me (ABBA)- Miss Piggy, singing to Kermit (and karate chopping a few women out of the way) OR Floyd and Janice, flirting with each other (similar to the version in "Mamma Mia")

Ignatz

Reaction score
Who Wants To Be A Millionare - Kermit singing to the other Muppets trying to covince them to stay after being offered lots of money to leave the Muppet Theatre, the Muppets would reply with 'I do' instead of the 'I don't' within the song.

Duke Remington

Reaction score
"Mamma Mia" (ABBA) - Sung by the gang in an Italian restaurant or pizza parlor, with a female character or female guest star singing the lead vocals.

The title song of "Rock-A-Doodle", sung by T.R. the Rooster, accompanied by the chickens.