What made you think today?

D'Snowth

Reaction score
You know what I think? I think there's some kind of dark, twisted force amongst us as of late, because I've noticed about half of the people I know have SOMETHING going on in their love life right now... for example, just in the last month alone: one guy I know got married to his longtime girlfriend; one guy I know got a divorce from his wife of two (I think) years; there's trouble in paradise for Ozy right now; and I recently finally fell out of love with She-Who-Shall-Not-Be-Named, otherwise known as my ex-favorite person, now that I've finally realized what a phony baloney she is even as just a friend.

Ozymandias

Reaction score
You know what I think? I think there's some kind of dark, twisted force amongst us as of late, because I've noticed about half of the people I know have SOMETHING going on in their love life right now... for example, just in the last month alone: one guy I know got married to his longtime girlfriend
Uh, D'Snowth? That's normally not a "dark and twisted" thing, unless she was a vampire, or something. :stick_out_tongue:

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Perhaps I should have omitted that one, I just mean to say it seems like there's SOMETHING going on in almost everybody's love life right now, whether for better, or for worse, but it seems like it's all mostly for the worse right now.

One problem I have right now is that even though I'm finally over She-Who-Pretends-I-Don't-Exist, now I've got someone else who is on my mind all the time anymore: I think I mentioned this in either the "How Are You Today? Thread" or "What Did You Do Today? Thread", but like I had said, there's been two different occasions within the last month where I got the exact same waitress at a restaurant, and I've noticed I've been thinking about her. A lot. She's really nice, rather personable, very attentive, and the cutest lil' thang I've ever seen waiting tables. But, luckily, I think I'm clear-headed enough to know that this is just another weird crush I'm having (ya know, sometimes I wonder if I keep going back and forth through puberty), as opposed to actually being in love, as I was with my ex-favorite person... after going through all of that, I certainly do NOT want to fall in love with someone again; being in love is the worst thing I have EVER experienced in my life, it messes with your mind, your heart, and your judgement.

newsmanfan

Reaction score
What made you think excessively today? For me, I watched Soylent Green, and boy, is that a creepy movie. If you haven't seen it, I won't spoil it, but the whole concept is freaky. It got me to thinking if our world would turn out like that. :dreamy:
Go read the book "BAAA" by David Macaulay. Similar concept. With sheep. Hysterical.
http://www.amazon.com/Baaa-David-Ma...r_1_20?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1351648182&sr=1-20

Errr...Snowth...not that I'm complaining, but you may wish a mod to edit your last post there for language; we do have some younguns around...

Think? Trying to plot out how four different plotlines and what feels like a hundred characters will all come together in the finale chapter of my fic. A lot more complicated than it probably sounds. Took me a couple of hours of real focus after days of planning, and the darned thing's not even finished yet.

Hey Sarge: what the hey kind of school are you going to where you take Chemistry WITHOUT getting to blow stuff up? What fun is that? (learned how to make small explosives from unstable compounds first year Honors Chem in HS)
------------

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
Hey Sarge: what the hey kind of school are you going to where you take Chemistry WITHOUT getting to blow stuff up? What fun is that? (learned how to make small explosives from unstable compounds first year Honors Chem in HS)
------------
College intro to chemistry :/

newsmanfan

Reaction score
-----------
With no chemicals??? Man. Your college sucks! :smile:

------------

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
we have to learn how to write formulas and figure out all the fancy calculations so we don't blow up the entire building >_>

newsmanfan

Reaction score
we have to learn how to write formulas and figure out all the fancy calculations so we don't blow up the entire building >_>
:confused: Well where's the fun in that??
Seriously. It seems really strange that you wouldn't mix the practicum with the theory. Makes it much easier to learn when you can see the physical result of a calculation gone wrong or right.
------------

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Errr...Snowth...not that I'm complaining, but you may wish a mod to edit your last post there for language; we do have some younguns around...
Ehhh... I'm surprised that actually slipped past the automatic censorship.

Still, it was the only way I could get my point across, without either overstating, or understating it.

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
:confused: Well where's the fun in that??
Seriously. It seems really strange that you wouldn't mix the practicum with the theory. Makes it much easier to learn when you can see the physical result of a calculation gone wrong or right.
------------
Well, technically, the class is divided into two parts, with the actual lab section to be taken when you have completed this course. But I don't have to take it because I'm not a science major